Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WW green light mi 225-8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by manju, Mar 20, 2006.

1. manju

manju

Dec 4, 2004
    Walter Woods WW green light mi 225-8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walter Woods Bass Amp. 300 W / 8 Ohm.450 W /4Ohm Built Juli 1990. 3,5 Kg. Two inputs; Hi und Lo ,one channel.
    amazing sound see the pictures and give me some feedback cause i only know the two channels version. very powerfull and tuby manjuB
    http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=rbb7lu

2. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    That's an older model from the early 80's. It's 225 watts @ 8 ohms and 300(maybe 350) @ 4 ohms. The 2 channel models had one channel voiced for electric and one for upright. With the single channel version it was designated by the buyer how he wanted it voiced. Many parts are no longer available for this model and it may be a problem if it ever needs repair.

3. manju

manju

Dec 4, 2004
    well the date inside says 1990,and as i heard from walter himself,he is able to repair this amp if it would be possible.
    compared to my m 100 this sounds more tuby and made for electric.
    thanx for your post manju

4. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Is the date hand written or stamped on the heat sink? If it's hand written, that is a repair date. I thought he had discontinued the MI225 by 1990, but I may be wrong.

5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I find this interesting. The only reason I sold my 2 channel
    verzion of this amp (225 @ 8ohm) is because Walter told
    me himself that he can no longer fix the power supply on
    this amp. (my amp never broke down) We talked about it
    for awhile. He was very specific about this model. I loved
    my amp and would never have sold it otherwise. I've known
    Walter since 1980. I don't think he would give me bad info.
    Not calling you a liar, just saying I was told something different.

6. manju

manju

Dec 4, 2004
    well yes its handwritten and on the heat sink is stamped 101884 so it is from 1984
    Thanx manju