Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ghosta, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    Any wrasslin' fans? I myself am a fan, but as of late i have been dissapointed with WWE, but with Stone Cold returning, i may have to take another look. I hope undertaker returns as the evil figure.
  2. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hey man.. yeah im a fan of older wrestling.. much older.. NWA.. late 80s.. .early 90s WCW too..
    i like .. the lowermid-to mid 90swwf and.. the early ECW! up uintil about 98..

Yeah i agree... the undertaker was much better as a heal. Theres just no thril nowadays to see wrestling cause the undertaker isn't trying to put the ultimate warrior in a coffin or tryin to kill someone!
    I wanna see The godfather come back as "papa Shango" the voodman.. and set peoples feet on fire and stuff.. THAT SERIOUSLY ROCKED!
  3. Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    WCW was my favorite back in the good days until it went bad. I liked the fueds between nwo and wcw and then eventually the WOLFPACK. Sting and nash, were my favorites.

WWE needs more bad guys. They should bring back that Iraqi dude who did all those dares and thats where Kurt Angle debuted on wwe tv. Or that "The Cat" guy.

ECW had the best matches ever. Barbed wire ropes, Ya! I want WWE to bring back old matches like the ring of fire, casket match, buried alive, boiler room/parking lot, etc.
  4. wrestling would be 100x better if Sting made a comeback. You know, the 2nd version of sting, who hid up in the rafters and then got out the baseball bat. Hardcore stuff, dude.
  5. I doubt they will let people do anything in the rafters now that that one guy fell to his death...

6. Owen Hart. RIP :(
  7. i was a wrestling buff when roddy piper superfly, the hammer i forget this ones name, something the giant, i hate this, the name is right there, i can almost see it, anyway, way back when, lol, it was great. i still sometimes watch it with my boys. :D
  8. I was a fan until the last few years. Now the emphasis is on stupid comedy sketches and egomaniacs who want TV facetime. Where's the wrestling? They never air decent matches on television anymore and the pay-per-views don't get any better.

I do keep up with the news once a week though. Here's a great website for ALL wrestling news:

Lords of Pain
  9. I used to watch about 3-4 years ago when the Wolf pack and all that Stephanie and HHH got married junk. But, It just started to get boring and repetitive so I just stopped watching. I dont know if i could get back into it again tho.
  10. No...no you can't. It's gone so downhill...
  11. Wrestling sucks so bad now.... :(

It's unfortunate because I've heard some great names been mentioned here (SUPERFLY FOREVER!!!!!) the late Andre the Giant, the Hulkster, Jake "the Snake" Roberts, the Million Dollar Man, etc. I loved it as a kid growing up in the 80's.

Now it absolutely blows.
  12. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Sting (Steve Borden) is in negotiations with WWE right now. He wasn't in a hurry to come back since he had a couple years to sit on his butt and get paid for it (AOL/Time Warner buyout when WCW ended, same situation as Bill Goldberg).

He said recently that he can't come back as the original version of his Sting character because he can't do the bleached blond flattop (the "Crow" Sting is his normal hair) due to hair loss.
  13. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    One of my bro's tarantula's is called shango after that very man!

I was a fan back in the day (early 90's as most others aggreed) when the hulkster, randy "weak left leg" savage and the ultimate "now crazy see www.ultimatewarrior.com" warrior ruled the scene, and where story lines meant nothing (or did I miss that one?). Now it all seems to be a soap, with worse acting than hollyoaks and no babes to make up for it ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, anyone noticed how all the fighting consist of punches and kicks, no real grappling like the good 'ol days?

A mate in my IT class still worships the 'sport' and is on wrestling sites during the lesson as much as I am on here!
  14. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I used to be SUCH a HUGE fan...went to the StarCade when Bret Hart made his run-in to give Sting the win vs. Hulk in D.C.

the last few years have been horrible though. I haven't sat down and watched it for about 2 years...it just isn't the same.

I wanted to name my son Bret---my wife won that battle though...:(
    she wanted 2-"T"s...
  15. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Funny you should mention... I JUST got my cable hooked up yesterday, just in time to watch Raw... the first time I've watched wrestling in more than a year!

It's corny, it's cheesy, it's stupidly and horribly lame, and I love every minute.
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Used to be a friggin HUGE wrestling nut. PPVs, reading all the dirt sheets on the internet, backyard wrestling (well, my friends did, I was the cameraman/announcer/"owner").

I dug post NWO WCW, while Bischoff (sp) was still in charge, and was writing scripts. I though WCW had the best balance of stories vs. wrestling. That is, they had more technical wrestling. I'm a sucker for the super high flying acrobatic stuff. Best match was a Nitro match w/ Rey Mysterio and Blitzkreig. Amazing match.

I liked Post Generation X (I was watching in the last month or so of the it) WWF, because a Bischoff jumped ship sometime around then, and WWF got hella cool.

Haven't watched for about 2 years before the WWF became the WWE.
  17. I miss the ECW cause the guys were so crazy and willing to do ANYTHING. Good times...

WWE (or WWF) will forever rule, I miss the old days though, when Undertaker was evil and D-Generation X ruled. Stone Cold guzzled beer like a faternity brother and the Rock was a big heel.
  18. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    The show started going downhill when WCW was bought by WWE...I understand not why they have split up all the wrestlers and made RAW and SmackDown sorta like the 2 different conferences in a league that compete at the end of the month for a title...

I say bring back the coporation, the ministry, P.M.S, and DX... That would be Uber c00l, yet not to old school.

19. Yeah I heard rumors about the buyout, but I didn't know if that was a real deterrent to prevent them from wrestling or just a "hey lets take a break and get paid" kind of thing. I guess its the same with Lex "too many roids" Luger as well?

Things I miss from wrestling:

When Fights were original
    the first Sting
    the second Sting
    evil Undertaker
    Nation of Domination
    When the genre was substance over style
  20. I just thought it was funny that they lost the use of the name WWF to the World Wide Fund for Nature.... :D