Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    THE site for music buffs IMO. Everytime I'm on there, I learn something about a band, or get turned on to another band. Wonderful site... check it out for yourself...

2. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    It's my number-one source of musical info. Their reviews are generally very accurate - I've made a lot of purchases on the back of them.

3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Yeah, this is a great web site
  4. Wow, this site rules! I'm just reading the bios on some of the bands I like and finding out a bunch of stuff! Thanks for posting this Matt.

Yours Truly,
    Tyler Hole
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :) I was hoping at least a few people would dig it. I've just learned so much from it. You can find out everything about everyone's musical career. They've even got some localish bands.
  6. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'm with Dave B-
    That site has cost me many dollars over the past 5 years.

(Dave, what's the deal with the Miles' DVD?).
  7. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Allmusic's been my #1 source of anything band-related for the last 4 years or so. Great resource.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Same, only about 3 years for me.
  9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It's been my go-to site for a while now. It's generally pretty accurate.
  10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Yeah. I remember one funny thing, though..
    There is an Icelandic metal band called Mínus, and their cd's are on allmusic, but according to allmusic they are from Germany.. :þ
  11. Definitely my second favourite music site. I like to look up styles to explore different styles of music. I'll look up a style (currently reggae) then research the various sub-styles, read the essays to learn more about the history and then find artists that are representative of that style.
  12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I go there mostly to get factual information: band discographies, who played bass on an album, etc.

As for opinion: I generally agree with them on mainstream albums, but when it comes to the avant-garde they typically give higher ratings to the more accessible/commercial albums.
  13. I visit AMG for all things music related. They're very dependable and comprehensive.
  14. This is a website that I used that helped to expand my musical horizons. With its Infleunces/similar artists section I was able to find bands that I would never have found without it...