Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Not_Happy, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Not_Happy

Jul 15, 2005
    Has anyone recently had problems with www.musictoyz.com?.
    I have ordered a FoxRox Captain Coconut II from them, and I am not happy.They stated the order has gone through, but will not respond to a LOT of emails I have sent requesting the UPS tracking code.I live in Australia and really expected better service third time around.I have purchased twice before with no problems, this time they stated I would receive a tracking number and I have not.I have also phoned and left a voice message.This is really frustrating as the pedal was a present for my brothers 50th birthday, I have even got to put up with the fact they have BILLED ME and now will not repsond at all to my enquiries.One thing I can say is that if this deal goes bad, I will be unhappy, and an an unhappy Aussie ex-Green Beret doesnt let go easily thats for bloody sure. :spit: :mad:
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, the key when ordering from musictoyz.com is to phone first to confirm whether it's in stock. If it's in stock, everything will go smoothly.
    If it's not in stock, you'll get it when you get it and you won't get any email response in the meantime.

I agree, it's completely ridiculous, the whole point of an internet shop is that you shouldn't HAVE to phone to confirm stock first. Teddy there is a decent guy, and doing it all on his own, but I think he's maybe guilty of not seeing how this looks from a customer perspective.

3. I had similar problems with them. I paid for next day shipping and they didn't ship until almost a week later. They didn't return emails or phone messages and when they did return an email it was a little nasty. They never reimbursed me for the next day shipping (which would've been the right thing to do) . And don't go by the "In Stock" indicator on their website. More often than not it's not up to date. Do yourself a favor and go to Pedalgeek.com Dan is very helpful and always available to answer questions whether you've made a purchase or not. Excellent customer service and selection!
  4. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    really? that sucks.. ive never ordered from them but ive always been impressed with their massive range of pedals!

ps - i didnt realise there were aussie green berets? sas?
  5. callofthebow

Oct 19, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    same problem with them last month, ordered a fulltone bass-drive on the 17 and just waited and waited. Then i got an email from Dave Fox saying my Octron was ready so i cancelled my order(they respond to cancel emails) and used the money to pay for that. The octron arrived today, two days after the paypal went through. I'm in love with it already
  6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I bought a Fulltone Bass Drive from them and didn't know that I should've called first to verify whether it was in stock. A week later, I called only to find out that they were back ordered. It took me a month and a half to get it, all the time getting no emails from them, pretty dodgy phone service, and paying extra shipping for 2 day delivery, and not getting reimbursed.
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think this is the perfect place to say how happy I've been with the guys at Junior's Music.
    I ordered several times from them and they've been ultrafast, helpful and quickly answered my emails.
  8. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Thanks Jazz Ad, there's nothing better than a 'good tip' towards a good place for gear :)
  9. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I've been trying to get a question answered regarding the Fulltone SupaTrem before placing my order, and despite repeated emails over the last few months (must be getting round to a year!), neither musictoyz nor Fulltone have replied. And all I want to know is which knobs come on the pedal, because musictoyz's photo shows the old knobs not the newer foot-friendly ones...

Am checking out those recommended dealers - cheers!