WYN BASS OWNERS CLUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gospel jazz, Oct 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. gospel jazz

gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    Endorsements: LoPhat bass cabs, Regenerate Guitar Works, Honeybadger Pickups, Darkhorse strings, Ergo Straps and Intex cables.
    I haven't found a Wyn bass club, so I'm going to start one! Yes, there will be numbers given. I'll start with number one. Let's show Randall Wyn some love, for his phenomenal basses!
    A photo must be submitted for a number. Feel free to post anything Wyn Bass related!

MEMBER NUMBERS:

Gospel Jazz #1

Neuroman #2

Tombowlus #3

Vakmere #4

Bsr6p-Bob #5

Sdenney78 #6

Randy P #7

Jparpino #8

Johns46140 #9

Thefatherssong #10

SodaCity Bass #11

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. Imaginary Pony

Imaginary Pony

Aug 29, 2014
    Where's your 'photo?

Rabidhamster likes this.
  3. gospel jazz

gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    Endorsements: LoPhat bass cabs, Regenerate Guitar Works, Honeybadger Pickups, Darkhorse strings, Ergo Straps and Intex cables.
    Here she is!

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1412712125.937775.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  4. Imaginary Pony

Imaginary Pony

Aug 29, 2014
    gospel jazz likes this.
  5. gospel jazz

gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    Yeah, I subscribed to that thread awhile ago. I posted there too. I just wanted an actual club. There are some nice basses on there. Do you own one, as well?

6. Imaginary Pony

Imaginary Pony

Aug 29, 2014
    No. I'd never heard of them before this thread. Well above my price range, but beautiful. Sound great too.

7. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Forget about me. Save yourselves! Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Sunol, CA
    I am not much of a "club" guy but given how over the top impressed I am with Wyn now that I own one and visited with Randy at the shop, I guess I am in, too. This guy is pretty amazing.

Here is the thread sharing my experience during my visit of the Wyn shop:

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/my-visit-at-wyn-guitars.1107347/

Here is my amazing Wyn: 035-5-01.jpg 035-5-02.jpg 035-5-04.jpg

8. gospel jazz

gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    Kind words bro. If you have an interest in them, just give Randy a call. A phone call is painless :)

Imaginary Pony likes this.
  9. gospel jazz

gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    Neuroman!!!!!!! That's a beautiful bass!!! Welcome to the club. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1412716603.387618.jpg

Mr_O'B and Q440 like this.
  10. Imaginary Pony

Imaginary Pony

Aug 29, 2014
    Beautiful.

11. Wow. The word amazing doesn't do that bass justice. Congrats on scoring this gorgeous instrument!

gospel jazz likes this.
  12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    edbutler3, Belka, Icon5 and 3 others like this.
  13. gospel jazz

gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    I saved the bass gear magazine article for this on my cell! What's coincidence. Sweet bass!

tombowlus likes this.
  14. gospel jazz

gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    A few more of my photos :)

Night time....
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1412935362.392405.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1412935430.982043.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1412935460.509085.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1412935485.275981.jpg

India_Sierra, Belka, Mr_O'B and 2 others like this.
  15. Amplified

Amplified

Jan 19, 2014
    Cyberspace
    tombowlus likes this.
  16. Amplified

Amplified

Jan 19, 2014
    Cyberspace
    May I ask the time from payment of the instalment to delivery of the bass? What is the estimated waiting time? I have just sent an email to Randy....GAS attack just looking at the gallery.

17. gospel jazz

gospel jazz

Mar 9, 2011
    The last I heard, it was around 15 months or so. You won't be disappointed!

18. Jparpino

Jparpino JP

May 12, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    So I just picked up this gorgeous wyn from another member on TB. This is really an amazing instrument, and if I did not have a custom on order from a different shop I would be giving Randall a call.

I do have a question for those more versed with Wyn basses. The neck profile on this bass is what I would consider a fairly chunky D shape. A wonderful neck, but not really my sort of neck shape. I know this is one of his earlier basses sold, but does anyone know if he makes a thinner neck profile? In fact if someone had a wyn with a thinner neck profile I might even be interested in a trade ;) I will certainly have a wyn in the stable from now on.
    007-4-01.jpg 007-4-03.jpg

Q440 likes this.
  19. Neuroman

Oct 17, 2013
    Sunol, CA
    My Wyn has a "C" neck and every one I played during my visit had thin "C" shape necks as well. In fact, I played a 5 string fretless which felt even thinner. I think the neck shape/profile is driven more about what you want from a comfort standpoint and he then tries to get the best tone and response sonically within the shape, length, weight and balance you need and want from a feel perspective.

That is one beautiful Wyn you have, though.

20. Neuroman

Oct 17, 2013
    Sunol, CA
    Boy, I don't know about that time frame. Enough Wyns are out there now and word on the quality of Randy's work has spread such that I think his backlog is significantly longer. He works alone, does it right, and has settled in on about 30 basses a year. I would guess he is probably at about 100 basses in backlog by now. I don't know how many customers "drop out" each year when it is actually their turn to order but the math doesn't work for 15 months. Unfortunately, he is only one guy.

As I understand it, Randy calls the customers on the waiting list for the upcoming year in November/December to discuss details. You then have a detailed build, price and a firm delivery date and give a non-refundable deposit. If at the time of this call you want to pass for whatever reason, no harm no foul, he just goes to the next person on the list. So it doesn't hurt to get your name in the hopper. No payment will be required until your Nov/Dec commitment call.

Since no deposit or commitment is required until the November/December prior to the year of your build the timing between first payment/deposit and actual delivery (as asked earlier) is much much shorter than 15 months. If you are in the first 15-18 for a particular year, then it is probably the first 6 months. If you are in the last 15 or so then you are probably looking at a year. Randy has been experimenting with the batch sizes, however. So, for example, if he decides to do batches of 10 at a time for his 30, then the first batch will be completed more quickly than if he did a first batch of 15. He is extremely transparent, however, and will tell you exactly what to expect and what is going on throughout the process.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021