Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

X-Audio Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anotherbassist, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Does anybody know anything about these X-Audio cabinets? Im in need of a cheap 4x10 and there's are less than $200. Anybody know anything about them? Or anybody have suggestions on a cheap 4x10 to get? No Avatars, those are a little too expensive.
    $300 or less

thanks

2. user

user

Oct 26, 2003
    Chicago
    Do they have a website?

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    hey man....you should go buy one....do it....they must be fine, or they would not be for sale.......for less than $200 you have nothing to lose......once you buy one, you can stop filling the forum with threads asking about off-the-wall brands of el-cheapo bass cabinets.....i saw your posts at the other bass forum too.

-Mike

4. user

user

Oct 26, 2003
    Chicago
    I have never heard of Madison cabinets. Are they any good?

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Geez MJ5150...if you don't like the thread...don't read it!

User...some like them, some don't... There was a thread about them not too long ago. Some ugliness in there too IIRC.

6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The X-Audio cabs suck. They aren't deep enough for bass frequencies, so you will get no bottom out of them. The speakers are cheap chinese stamped-frame car subwoofers, and sound like ass. The construction is shoddy; the cabs are made of particle board. If a screw came loose, you wouldn't be able to screw it back in. These cabs are just there on the madison websites to sell more Madisons to make the Madisons look like gold compared to the X-Audios. The Madisons are better, some like them. I'd prefer an Avatar. I think you'd be better off just saving up a little more for an avatar.

Money is a b*tch, my friend. :(

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Billy.....too late, I already read it.

-Mike

8. MJ150 or watever sorry if i post to many threads, im just trying to get diferent opinions other than yours. Besides there's no rule that says how many threads you can post so back off and dont read them if want

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    MJ150? Owie...that hurts. Come on already dude, grow up.

"Besides there's no rule that says how many threads you can post"

Well, technically you are right.....but there is also something called common sense. Unfortunately, many people don't understand that so quite often rules have to be spelled out for them.

I took issue with your threads since you have done it several times before here, and on another board. Why did you not just look up the responses about these cabs from the LAST time you asked us? It is quite obvious you want something for nothing. It looks like you are going to buy one of these cabs, so buy one already. There is no need to keep starting threads asking for someone elses approval on your purchase. How many times do you need to be told that these el-cheapo cabs you keep asking about are not that great?

-Mike

10. YEAH!!!!

A Talkbass bitch fight!

Keep goin' girls... how old arewe again? 6? 16?

11. I actually happen to own an X Audio 4x10 cab. I haven't really gotten a nice chance to challenge the speakers because I usually borrow cabinets around here that are 4 ohms and the X audio is only 8 ohms. I play it with my Hartke 5000. When I practice at home with it it sounds alright. I mean it's not that bad. But then again, I haven't really gigged with it so I wouldn't know how bad they sound.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Zentner....I was born in AUgust of 1971, that would make me 32. If you are looking for a b!tch fight, look somewhere else.

teprodic....I played on an X-Audio cab at a low volume, practicing in an apartment volume, and it did not sound that bad. As soon as I turned it up to compete with a guitar and drums is when I realized why it was so inexpensive.

-Mike

13. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i have tried to use them in my PA as a quick fix and they sounded like mush... i'm pretty good at getting a good mix and it was just hard with them as opposed to similarly priced cabinets. sound-tech, etc. also they are not constructed well either with cheap (i.e. flimsy) components. if you want to throw away some money, go ahead but my advice is to just save up a couple more bucks and get yourself some avatars... you'll be very happy that you did! ;)

14. Run away.

The cab is made with pressboard (that's bad) and any 410 cab that costs $120 is using the cheapest of cheap speakers. It won't sound good and it will fail. You get what you pay for when it comes to speakers.
    Hang on until you can afford an Avatar.

15. MJ5150, I couldn't care any less when your birthday is, or how old you are. You act like your 6. Don't be an idiot. I'm not looking for a bitch fight, but for some reason, you seem to be in one. Settle down and take 5 buddy, it's not the end of the world because he posted something more than once.

However... I'd probably go with the safer bet. Avatar.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Thank you for the clarification Zentner. You made an ignorant comment about my age, so you were in need of correction. Comments like that, and the drama that follows them, are un-necessary. If you want to insult me, do it in a PM, or e-mail.

-Mike

17. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

this off-topic crap keeps up and the whole thread goes away :mad:

18. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    i aint gunna name names, but whoever started this little hissy fit is lucky notduanne got his say first. this forums is about amps, not peoples age. if you wanna start a cat fight, take out your anger via PMs & emails, not our forum.