1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

X-Series overdrive, or Boss odb-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RedBlueFireMan, Aug 5, 2005.

1. RedBlueFireMan

RedBlueFireMan

Jul 16, 2005
    I'm about to get a distortion pedal, but I cant decide, the DigiTech X-Series drive pedal. or the Boss ODB-3 pedal.

2. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Hmm, id go for neither!

Sorry thats probably not very helpful, I can't comment on the Boss ODB-3 because ive never tried it, although theres alot of people who dont like it. I can comment on the Digitech X Series Bass Driver.

I bought it off ebay after listening to the sound clips on the digitech website and that you can achieve a wide range of different overdrive/distortion sounds.

BUT they sound nothing like that on the website, its a joke really. Very noisy and will drink batteries. Having said that it is well made in a all metal case, would make an excellent paper weight!

But seriously, try before you buy because it maybe something you like.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I love my Bass Driver. It seems to make my Music Man sound even better. I like the touch of grit it gives me at the lower range of the Morph dial. True I can't duplicate the sound on the DT site, but then I don't have the equipment they used either so I guess that's understandable.

I get noise at real high settings. But that's true for most distortion pedals.

If you check out the first few pages of the Distortion Megathread ^up there^, some of the guys recommended a few other pedals that are decently priced.