Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

X-Series overdrive, or Boss odb-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RedBlueFireMan, Aug 5, 2005.

1. RedBlueFireMan

RedBlueFireMan

Jul 16, 2005
    I'm about to get a distortion pedal, but I cant decide, the DigiTech X-Series drive pedal. or the Boss ODB-3 pedal.

2. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Hmm, id go for neither!

Sorry thats probably not very helpful, I can't comment on the Boss ODB-3 because ive never tried it, although theres alot of people who dont like it. I can comment on the Digitech X Series Bass Driver.

I bought it off ebay after listening to the sound clips on the digitech website and that you can achieve a wide range of different overdrive/distortion sounds.

BUT they sound nothing like that on the website, its a joke really. Very noisy and will drink batteries. Having said that it is well made in a all metal case, would make an excellent paper weight!

But seriously, try before you buy because it maybe something you like.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I love my Bass Driver. It seems to make my Music Man sound even better. I like the touch of grit it gives me at the lower range of the Morph dial. True I can't duplicate the sound on the DT site, but then I don't have the equipment they used either so I guess that's understandable.

I get noise at real high settings. But that's true for most distortion pedals.

If you check out the first few pages of the Distortion Megathread ^up there^, some of the guys recommended a few other pedals that are decently priced.