Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

X-Wire vs. Sennheiser Digital 1000

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mario Lewis, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    Anyone out there compared these two units that can offer an opinion?

I have heard that the Senn unit misses the mark, but the source wasn't reliable. Since it's supposedly the same technology, I've been wondering how much worse it could be. I had an X-wire. Sold it. Regretted it ever since. Since I can't get an X-Wire and I still need the best wireless unit I can get my hands on, I'm considering the Sennheiser.

Please get in touch. Thanks!!

2. LowRanger

LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    I had the Senn 1000 for all of a few minutes before I boxed it up and sent it back. I wasn't that impressed with the construction on the body pack or the receiver, particularly the connectors.

I noticed a very definite loss of low-end when using it, that I DIDN'T notice using my Shure "Guitarist" wireless. No thanks!

I never had a chance to use an X-Wire, but I'm sorry I missed the boat on those. For the same amount of money, I feel you can do better than a Senn digital.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The xwire had 20bit converters while the Senn had 16bit converters. I heard that Sennheiser ceased production of the 1000 due to quality issues. Supposedly they are redesigning it and are going to re release a newer version of it.

4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I used a Shure UC wireles, and it sounded WAY better than my $100 Monster Cable. I can't explain it, it even has EQ to compensate for the loss of certain frequencies. It is expensive, I think it was $1000!!! I have never tried an X wire or a Senn...

5. MarkW

MarkW

Oct 31, 2000
    Austin,Tx
    the sennheiser isnt even close to the x wire...http://www.toursupply.com/ used to have some x wires for sale you might want to check with them ..as i recall they were selling them for 750.00

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wrong forum.