1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

X-Wire vs. Sennheiser Digital 1000

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mario Lewis, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    Anyone out there compared these two units that can offer an opinion?

I have heard that the Senn unit misses the mark, but the source wasn't reliable. Since it's supposedly the same technology, I've been wondering how much worse it could be. I had an X-wire. Sold it. Regretted it ever since. Since I can't get an X-Wire and I still need the best wireless unit I can get my hands on, I'm considering the Sennheiser.

Please get in touch. Thanks!!

2. LowRanger

LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    I had the Senn 1000 for all of a few minutes before I boxed it up and sent it back. I wasn't that impressed with the construction on the body pack or the receiver, particularly the connectors.

I noticed a very definite loss of low-end when using it, that I DIDN'T notice using my Shure "Guitarist" wireless. No thanks!

I never had a chance to use an X-Wire, but I'm sorry I missed the boat on those. For the same amount of money, I feel you can do better than a Senn digital.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The xwire had 20bit converters while the Senn had 16bit converters. I heard that Sennheiser ceased production of the 1000 due to quality issues. Supposedly they are redesigning it and are going to re release a newer version of it.

4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I used a Shure UC wireles, and it sounded WAY better than my $100 Monster Cable. I can't explain it, it even has EQ to compensate for the loss of certain frequencies. It is expensive, I think it was $1000!!! I have never tried an X wire or a Senn...

5. MarkW

MarkW

Oct 31, 2000
    Austin,Tx
    the sennheiser isnt even close to the x wire...http://www.toursupply.com/ used to have some x wires for sale you might want to check with them ..as i recall they were selling them for 750.00

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wrong forum.