1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

=( (x100) WHATS GOING ON!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by splitcoilsenior, May 7, 2010.

1. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    So I finally have a set up that I'm happy with, it sounds great. Its a Factory Restock Acoustic B410 Cab (400w at 8 ohms), with an Eden Nemesis ENX 260 Level 1. used(260w at 4 ohms).

The head was doing something weird when I started playing (with my drummer friend), I had the gain and volume on 4 (about 10 o'clock) so it was not like I was pushing the thing or anything. All the sudden the amp starts lighting the light that's never supposed to light and I stopped playing and fiddled with the knobs, it went back to normal and I kept playing.
    Now this is about the 4th time I've used my set up because I live in a town house ( I keep it at my friends house). All the sudden my cabinet starts making like this....high pitched frying kinda noice, it's a little bit like a squel but worse. So i'm thinking I somehow blew a speaker even though I wasn't pushing that hard.

What do I do now, Should I call MF where I bought them and complain or am I doing something wrong?? :bawl:

2. If it's a recent purchase, say less than 60 days, I'd try MF. They may can replace it. If older, you're probably on your own with the manufacturer.
    Blown speakers don't squeal, they either distort or say nothing.
    I've heard of a similar situation where the particular crossover in a cab wasn't compatible with a certain amp (or actually vice-versa), and created this type of reaction.

Solution; Swap the head for a G-K.:)

3. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I just went back and played and EVERYTHING above the 7th fret of th E String sounds like pure blurryness. I'm assuming it blew out or something. I bought the head on 3/11 and the cab on 2/04, so MF can't be held responsible. But I'm gonna give em an ear full lol.