1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

x2 wireless power supply

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by soleil4716, Sep 19, 2010.

1. soleil4716

soleil4716

Mar 11, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    I have the Line 6 x2 wireless system. I am checking to see if I can use a regular 9V power supply for the receiver unit. I think the recommended power supply is 9V 100mA. Will it be risky to use 9V 250mA supply with it? Should it not just draw the amount of current it needs from the 250mA that is available?

Thanks.

2. from what i know you can use it. they will draw only as many amps, (milliamps in your case) as they need. i used a 500mA with my shure radio receiver with no problems i did find the sure power pack the next day though :)
    just make sure the + and - are correct.

3. pbass62

pbass62 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Iron Station NC
    I used to have the same system. You will be fine with that power supply as long as your adaptors polarity is correct.

4. soleil4716

soleil4716

Mar 11, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    I am thinking about using Gator's G-BUS-8 power supply. It seems to have matching polarity (negative tip and positive outer).

This power supply comes with Gator's pedal board. I also have a Korg Pitchblack tuner. Just planning to put everything on the same board to simplify power management and transportation :)

Thanks for the replies!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021