1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Xaviere acoustic bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frankieC, Oct 5, 2013.

1. frankieC

frankieC A swell guy from Warren Harding High

Jul 21, 2012
    I just purchased an Xaviere acoustic/electric bass model XV400B-NL

It was very inexpensive $268.00 delivered. I figured it would be a good bass to keep at my office, next to the desk.

Is anyone familiar with these basses.

2. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I'm not, but maybe some one in the ABG fetish club is.

Congrats and be careful, it's real easy to just pick up an ABG and start playing when one should be working (speaking for myself mainly).

3. zphreaky1

zphreaky1 Far from good

Apr 25, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Don't know that brand/model. My experience with aeb's is a good one. I do recommend setting it up for what you want.

I mostly play mine in back yard/ campfire situations with 2 6 strings. I jacked the action way up, dog in with a pick on my tapewounds and it works fine. Low action and fingerstyle if you are running through an amp sounds great as well.

Playing by yourself? Set it up however you want and enjoy!

Love my AEB!

4. frankieC

frankieC A swell guy from Warren Harding High

Jul 21, 2012
    Thanks guys. I've been playing for about 45 years, and I have zero experience with AEB's. My thinking is this would be an inexpensive way to get familiar with one, above and beyond the 5 minute grab at a local store.
    I saw the add in Bassplayer magazine, and figured, what the hell.... I'll try one.

It's a long scale, 24 frets. Not sure of the electronics, I was told by a local guy to watch out for feedback, as it comes much easier with an AEB, then with solid or hollow body electrics.