Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

XB-400 or XB-900

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alx564, Apr 9, 2001.

1. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Hey Guys,

I am interested on hearing your opinions on the Washburn XB400 or XB900. I have found some good deals online for them and it seems obvious what I should choose but I would still like to hear your opinions on them. I believe they both have electronics.

It is an auction an eBay and the XB400's ends first and no one has bid so I am almost sure I can win it and the XB900's as had like 13 people bid on it and I am not sure if I can win. That is why I am asking this because if I go for the XB900 and lose then I am left bassless. Any comments are appreciated.

2. The wood, electronics, hardware and construction quality is far better on the XB-900 than the XB-400.
    So, between the two the XB-900 is the obvious choice.
    You should also consider getting A Spector NSCR4 or 5 from www.musiciansfriend.com. You can get them in gloss black for $699 (4 string) or $799 (5 string). They normally sell for $1350-$1500 new. They feature neck through body construction, EMG active pickups, EMG active preamp, carved solid maple bodies. 24 fret rosewood fingerboard, solid brass bridge and nut and Schaller tuners. They are selling them so cheap because Spector is discontinuing solid colors. The newer basses will feature only solid figured maple bodies. These basses are true professional sounding and playing basses. This is a killer deal and I guarantee you will never see these prices again so chem 'em out!!! BTW, these basses are BRAND NEW!