1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XBox 360 Arcade question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Mar 25, 2009.

1. So I bought an XBox 360 Arcade, and some 360 games yesterday. I tried to play them, but apparently I cannot create a profile, and therefore cannot save games, on the Arcade. Is there a memory stick or small hard drive I can buy in order to enable me to save?

2. gdthomas

gdthomas

Oct 26, 2007
    Smyrna, Ga
    The arcade should have come with a 256 meg memory card.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You need to have the memory card in the machine and then you would have memory in which to create an account.

4. Can I just plug that into a standard Arcade or do I need some special type of connection device?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You can just plug in. Those Xbox 360 hard drives work in all Xbox 360's. The only difference with the arcade is that it doesn't COME with the hard drive.

6. I bought an Arcade and got a 20gb hard drive for $20 from Microsoft.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I Googled quickly, and found that the link to that program no longer exists on Microsoft's website.

As far as I know, those 20GB hard drives were refurbs and the only ones still available new are 120GB, which would bring the total price to well above the new price of a standard Xbox 360.

8. I gotta try this out. Newegg sells them for $55

http://www.pcworld.com/article/150970/upgrade_your_xbox_360s_hard_drive_on_the_cheap.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136072

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Walmart should have everything you need.

My brother bought a 60 gig there.

PS, Im a huge 360 player. PM me for any questions.

10. I don't think so. :( I have never done it.