1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Xbox 360 - HDMI help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wdinc01, Apr 20, 2009.

1. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hey everyone,

I recently purchased an HDMI cable for my Xbox 360. I admit, I know very little when it comes to HDMI cables, but I figured I could just plug straight from my 360 to my TV. It worked, but now I have another problem.

I've got a surround sound set up and really am not sure what to do to get sound going from the TV to the receiver using the HDMI cable. We've got RCAs running from the TV into the receiver now, and that works for every other input in the TV, but not the HDMI cable.

Anyway idea on what to do?

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I think this is a fairly common problem. I had the same issue myself. My understanding is that when the HDMI input is "on", the other outputs are off. In order to do what you want, you need to have a A/V receiver which your Xbox runs through rather than direct to the TV. Assuming you don't have one like this (I don't either), then you should run RCA's out of your xbox directly into the receiving (or an A/V switch box). Its very frustrating, but that's the only solution I could find (other than coming up with the money for a better A/V surround receiver.

Alternatively, you could take this red pen and write..... :D

3. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071128070939AACXiiv