Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, May 18, 2005.

1. Xbox 360

16 vote(s)
  2. Playstation 3

14 vote(s)
  3. Meh, not a gamer...

5 vote(s)
  4. I'm still runnin' the ol' nintendo! :D

5 vote(s)
  1. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I know that those who liked the PS2 ( :rollno: ) will go with PS3 and those who like Xbox ( :smug: ) will go with the 360. With that aside, tell me what you think. Based solely on looks and specs, I'd have to go with the Xbox 360 simply because it has a hard drive and has 512MB of RAM as opposed to the PS3 which only has 256...
  2. The PS3 is more powerful than the Xbox 360, but I've been reading that the PS3 is very hard to program for, though that just may be rumors spread by microsoft.

Personally I can't say which one is better til I play both, and I will likely buy both anyways. I'm very excited about Xbox's decision to make Live a bigger focus, I'm very much into online play.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm probably going to end up with a PS3 and a Revolution, and I can almost guarantee that the revolution will get the most play time.
  4. I'll prolly get a PS3, there is only one title I'm interested in slightly in on Xbox(Halo).
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I'm more interested in the XBox 360. Raw power doesn't mean anything -- it's the games that count, and there are dreadfully few PS2 games that ever used the system to its fullest, whereas it's the complete opposite for XBox.

All of that said, I'll eventually end up with a Revolution -- I'll need my next gen Zelda and Mario fixes.
  6. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    HAHA, im still running the old 8 bit nintendo !!! its always on. I havnt beat super mario brothers in 15 years !!!!!

Ill put my best on the xbox anyways, I like the shooter games and the xbox seams to dominate those.
  7. ive always been a playstation fan but it seems so far that xbox is more into fetures then raw power and in the end i think thats goin to be better cuz if u look at it now ps2 can get near xbox graphics so power dont matter. also everyone is saying ps3 may cost $350-$500(u.s). So it prob. the box for me tho im goin to miss gran turismo and socom :( :crying: :bawl:
  8. I can't believe there's already a new wave of consoles coming seems like the latest ones just came out a couple years ago...I know it's really been four years, but geez, what happened to consoles lasting at least 5 years or more? I mean, remember how long the original NES was around?
  9. Orignal NES never died! :bassist:

But yeah, I agree, it's way to soon for another console-gen. to come out already.
  10. metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    I agree man.. These systems have so much power now that I am finding it hard to believe that we really need more. Now I am not a gamer but, what I do know is this. That there is no point of a game that looks good and plays like crap. That being said, do we really need more video game systems? For instance. Nintendo comes out with a new system to compete with everyone else around the same time. And release the same sequels over and over again with every new system. And those seem to be the only worthy games on the system worth purchasing.. EVER! Why couldn't they just use the old system and put the newer sequels on it.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  12. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    i agree about the power thing. BUT this means all of a sudden all th games I want for xbox are going to become obsolete.:hyper: :hyper: (it'll be like the sabddi loosing $75 of value after the programable model came out - good news for student and poor people alike!!!)

Im already into a trend where I buy a game on ebay, beat it and resell if for what i bought it for. I normally have 2 games in progress so I can work on one while the other is shipping/selling or whatever. There are so many games Ive not even touched that I'd love to get on the cheap.

And i still wanna beat mario bros 3 !!!
  13. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Never been a fan of FPS...
    For RTS and RPG, there's the pc...
    So meh.. I don't care :p

What I do see as a positive result from it is that as these higher-and higher-powered new consoles come out, they may be forcing the prices of some PC parts down. Like newer videocards are still a bit overpriced, imo. So are some other components, too.
  14. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Had to go with PS3. Ok, i'm biased as I have a PS2 and no Xbox!

A lot may disagree, but I found the XBox had a very limited range of games - if you don't like racing or war games, then there's nothing for you!

I suppose I can't judge until I see the new games for the 360. But going off past form I don't think I'd get one.

PS all the way! :)
  15. I own a ps2, but it just seem that all the games that appeal to me were on Xbox. And Xbox to me has the best features, wireless controllers out of the box, wi fi compatable, And it's got a sleek design. It just seems like the system I will end up getting.
  16. burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Between the PS3 and Xbox360, I'd go with the Xbox. Sony are notorious for hyping up their machines beyond reason, and I think it came out that the Killzone video they showed was pre rendered.

However, has anyone heard the Revolution stuff? There seems to be some viral campaign going on, apparently today they were supposed to announce a big secret, as there were lots of videos, shots and things that had references to the 19th.
  17. First:
    Tifa, thank you for the date, I can't believe I hadn't even been checking to see about that! (I'm talking about Advent children on September 14th.)

I most enjoy PC games, what can I say I like RPGs. I never really got into any xbox or PS2 games, alot other then Dynasty Warriors and the Mortal Kombats. I am probably going to play both either at a friend's or at a store and see which one I like the "feel" of more, look at games then decide.
    Right now leaning towards PS3 though.

Third (might as well keep this up):
    I am going to be looking online and buying an NES, I got my SNES still but I want the original again and as many games that played well as I can find.
  18. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    No problems! If you (or anyone else) needs any info about the film or any of the compilation of FFVII, feel free to give me a PM, I'll be happy to update you! [/geek]