1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XBOX Elite or PSIII?????

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tbone0813, Mar 3, 2010.

1. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    So I am selling my Wii and am wanting to get a new gaming console. I have heard good and bad for both. So I am asking my TB family to tell me what they think. Which one is better? more reliable? better games? graphics? etc.....

2. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    PS3 FTW.

Free Blu-ray player included

No monthly charges to get online

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Xbox 360, better game selection, better online experience. No hardware issues crippling the entire world's selection of consoles at once.

4. Just a hardware issue where they have a habit of dying. Stopping any play at all :p

I've got a PS3, but I barely play it. The game selections are different, so that could be a factor. The Blu-ray player is also a nice bonus with the PS3.

5. nazroth

nazroth

Apr 11, 2005
    tulsa oklahoma
    354 stage light& sound
    +1 xbox 360 is way better online even if you have to pay

6. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    Here is both the specs of the Xbox Elite and Ps3 - http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/08/ps3-slim-vs-xbox-360-elite-tale-of-the-tape/
    If you ignore failure rates and game selection they are about the same.

The first is up to what a person likes to play. I prefer the PS3's selection of games over the Xbox's. The wireless is free and depends on your wireless connection.

7. boomtisk

boomtisk

Nov 24, 2009
    Germany
    I don't own either but from reading video game forums I deduced the following:

PS3 pros
    • Built in Blu Ray Player
    • Free Online service
    • Better capabilities for shiny graphics (in theory)
    • Slightly more diverse game library

PS3 cons
    • Difficult to program for, developers don't like it as much which means many ports from Xbox to PS3 have performance problems
    • The less popular of the two

XBox Pros
    • The more popular console among developers and gamers, Microsoft is willing to dump tons of cash to appeal to both of them
    • Slightly larger selection of games
    • A bit cheaper

XBox Cons
    • Older models like to overheat and break, which was supposedly fixed with the new "Jasper" mainboards
    • Playing online isn't free
    • Supposedly slightly less powerful than the PS3

Take your pick!

8. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Depending on how you look at it :D

I kid. Now if you liked the costlessness of using the Internet on the wii, then that option on the PS3 will appeal to you. I can't speak for the online experience on either with any claim of authority, but I have seen both systems perform online rather well (not playing myself, but spectating others). So I don't know that one has a better online experience than the other.

Everyone says xbox 360 but really why?

Though I guess I shouldn't really question any posts here. My initial response was going to be "neither! Keep the Wii!"
    I like my Mario kart...

9. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    It's personal preference, get the one you want to get or that all your friends have so you can play against each other......I chose PS3 for the Blu Ray and the exclusive games for it. Someday I'd like to get a 360 also, if the wife will let me.

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I vote Atari. Catepillar FTW.

11. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    I own a 360, PS3, and Wii. The PS3 is for Blu Ray and the cool exclusives, the 360 is for the games that perform better there (including controller layout, because I hate the Dual Shock 2 for, well, everything), achievements (which I prefer to trophies for building my e-peen) and a smidgen of exclusives, and the Wii sits there, mostly.

12. Xbox all the way. Better online play, better quailty if you ask me, and later this year, the new Project Natal system will be out.

Natal is a 3-Dimension camera that works like the Wii motion system, but this one picks up every little movement your body makes. Not just the controller like the Wii does.

13. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Maybe if you poke it with a sharp stick it'll feel inclined to actually do something.

14. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I don't believe for a second it'll perform in real life like it does in the videos.

15. Cage Da Juice

Cage Da Juice

Jan 23, 2010
    PS3! Its simply better, and still has some life in it, the next x box will probs be out soon:hyper:

16. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    I'm pretty sure that's an actual Wii game. "Wii Poke! Motion controlled stick poking mayhem! Up to four players compete in a fun, party atmosphere to see who can poke things with a sharp stick the most times before the timer runs out! Will you be the one who GOES FOR POKE?"

17. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    PS3.
    Cheaper than a lot of Blu-Ray players, and comes with a good Blu-Ray.
    10% failure rate as opposed to the 360's 54% rate (that's a big one for me, I can't stand buying things that aren't reliable no matter how good the warranty is)
    Free online play (may or may not be an issue for you.
    It's also the most powerful, meaning it's the only one capable of playing Heavy Rain, one of the best games I have ever played.

18. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    PS3. Handles serious games like MGS4 in a fantastic way.

But then again, can "dumb down" and handle games like LittleBigPlanet and Bomberman, which i fire up when the relatives are over (young kids). Since the PS3 can handle like 7 controllers at one go, no more fighting for who gets to play and who's turn it is.

Best of both worlds, i say. And i'm waiting for FFXIII as well.

19. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Coming from a guy with a 360, I`d actually rather have a Wii right now lol

20. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Ive only had a new console for about 2 months now, bought myself a 360.

Only reason I chose it over a PS3 was because my friend all have 360's, which means I can play with them.

Of course the only reason I bought any console was so i can play multiplayer with my friends.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020