Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

XC115 or XC210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jiro, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    I got a yorkville XT200T right now and I think I will add myself an extension. Im not sure which one to get though, the XC115 is more expensive by like 100 bucks compared to the XC210. I heard people say that the XC115 will add a fuller sound but i recently went to a dealer and he told me that i should really get more 10 inch speakers and saying how godly that sounds. I havent really gotten to testing it but I really want to know would do if you were in my shoes.

I try to play mostly rock, jazz, blues, funk, and some metal. I use just an old passive p-bass and my gigs are small to mid sized.

2. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    If you can, then try the XC808 ( 8 X 8" speakers ). More bottom end and definition than either the XC210 or XC115, even put together. The Cab can easily be carried with two people this due to the handles and casters. I carry it by myself too !

I tried the XC210 and XC115 and they also sound good !!!

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The XC808 would be an excellent choice for use with a head, but I'd recommend against using it as an extension cab for a 200W combo amp.

I've gotten good results using the XM200T with the XC210, for a 4x10 set up in total. If you decide to go the 15" roote, the XC115C would get my recommendation...less expensive, and there's no horn (which you already have on the combo, right?)

Let us know what you end up doing, cheers!

:D