Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

xc808 vrs ybx1510 & xs800h vrs yba200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soundwave, Oct 3, 2004.

1. soundwave

soundwave

Oct 2, 2004
    Which combination sounds best? Has anyone tried all? Does the 4 10" cabinet sound better than the 1510?
    I have played through the xc115 and the xs400 and the xm200. I have always played through 2 15" cabinets before.
    I must admit that the xs400h did not sound nearly as good with its own preamp as when I played my sansamp rbi directly through the xs400h power amp. Is the xs800 or yba200 any better?
    I am asking because I aim to add to my own personal system.
    Michael

2. soundwave

soundwave

Oct 2, 2004
    Someone?
    I really am trying to get opinions on the best combination. If you like the 4 10" cabinet with the tube amp better than the tube amp and the 1510 cabinet and why. Or the 8 8" cabinet with the tube or SS head and why. Or the 1510 with the SS head? I am leaning toward the 8 8" with the tube head but haven't heard any of these combinations.
    Anyone out there?
    Michael

3. Hi, I'm going to help you get started here at Talkbass. There is a large pool of helpful information available here, but certain types of questions won't receive much of a response.

At the top of the list is "Which is better?" No one here is willing to say that they know what is best for everybody.

If you state that you are interested in the tonal qualaties of each cab, or better yet say what sound you like and what kind of music you play you will get a much better response.

Bottom line, nothing is better, it all depends on individual taste.

I know this sounds finicky but this site works very well this way.

BTW I don't know anything about these cabs :D

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    - The YBA200 does not sound good with the YBX1510. It does sound good with the XC808.

-The XS400H sounds great with the YBX1510

-The YBA200 sounds good with the XC808, but the XS800H sounds even better.

-I'm not a fan of the XC410 (or XC210) on their own...I don't find them to have good low end, thought they sound good when paired with an XC115 or XC115X.

Just my opinon...

5. soundwave

soundwave

Oct 2, 2004
    EXACTLY what I was looking for, someones opinion that had played through the permutations.
    Thanks!

I do think that all these amps are very particular to the pickups in certain guitars. Why some folks like a particular cabinet and/or amp and others don't. I do know the xs400 amp sounded good with my active bass but sounded bad with my passive bass - never could get a good sound from it.
    I guesss I like the xc115 best of what I've heard. A pair of these are simply killer. One does a very good job. Now I'm wonderin what the yba200 sounds like with a pair of these...
    Michael