XDS-Plus vs XDR...?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassman515, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Sooo, i got the chance to try the new cable. I chopped the end off of a Mogami cable that was given to me...i wired in a 1/8" plug and.....dango, that is what i am talking about. It sounded as good (even a little louder) than the Monster cable that I was ABing it with. I am sure that going with the full range wiring had somthing to do with it, but also, having a higher quality cable i think made the difference, that stock cable seemed like it just sucked the life right out of it...I have a gig tomorrow and i will really get to hear it then

J
    J

2. ZiggyDude

ZiggyDude

Jun 8, 2005
    I got the Line6 upgrade cable and was really dissapointed. They used the thinner canari wire and don't shrink wrap the ends. There are reports of the upgrade cable failing after a job or two on the Line6 forum. The stock cable, according to the forum and people on Talkbass WILL FAIL - often after a job. I am having Butch at Bayou make me a cable and also got some extra wire to upgrade my Line6 cable. Otherwise I would send the Line6 back - don't want to pay the shipping though.

The sturdiest cable seems to be the Best-tronics and cheaper if you get 2. Not sure what wire they use though.

I am having drop out problems with my X2 in a crowded room though. This is really bumming me. My old Shure "Guitarist" UT4 never did that.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021