1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XLR AB/Y with Switch, does one exist?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ThunderFox, Oct 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys, I'm putting this in the effects section because I'm looking for an XLR AB/Y pedal with a switch so I can use it with my foot, so I guess the effect guys might know about it.

Anyway, I'm wanting to use one microphone and split it into two paths, but I will only be using one path at any given time, most of the time, it will be going to a vocal effects pedal, the other I am wanting to send to an EHX Iron Lung Vocoder pedal, which will go through the bass signal path.

I've been looking for an ABY that takes XLR, I've seen some that are close, but the switches are only momentary, and I want them to be latched. I could use an adapter on a balanced line ABY, but I would rather avoid that all together, if I can. And I don't want to have two microphones covering my face onstage, plus it's more to deal with setting up.

So overall, the only requirements is that it needs to have 1 XLR input, and 2 XLR Outputs, a switch to change the path of the mic signal, a latchable switch (not momentary), and preferably without the need for a battery, though I will use one if I need too.

Thanks in advanced to all who help me with this. :thumbsup:

ELynx likes this.
  2. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    It's a pretty simple thing to solder up, and only a few parts. Maybe build one?

3. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013
    ELynx, CameronJohnson and ThunderFox like this.
  4. Thanks for the link - very useful for me too!

5. adairt

adairt

Oct 2, 2018
    Hey guys! I actually need the opposite. I'm looking for 2 xlr inputs with one switchable output so that I can share a vocal effects pedal wit a bandmate. Not finding anything. Help is greatly appreciated!

6. Radial has that too. Hotshot ABI: HotShot ABi - Radial Engineering

7. adairt

adairt

Oct 2, 2018
    Thanks, I see that it can select between A and B but I need a Y as well. The ability to have both A and B inputs active. Doesn't look possible with this one.