XLR issues with your Eden amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pnutz, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pnutz

pnutz Supporting Member

recently noticed issues with my xlr in's on my Eden WT-1000 power amp.

audio is faint. need to crank up the volume along the signal path just to get a decent level from the amp.

when i use the 1/4" in's, all's well. no problems.

anybody ever run into this problem with their eden power amp? am looking for a local repair shop to check on it. or is it a 'simple' fix that can be done at home?

any help is appreciated. thanks!

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    There are simple possibilities. The connector contacts could simply need cleaning with deoxit, both on the amp and the cable. It can also be a cable issue, try a different one before taking the amp to a tech.

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Check to be sure you do not have a bad cable. This symptom can happen if either pin 3 or 2 is open.

4. pnutz

pnutz Supporting Member

used deoxit on the xlr in's and on the cables. no joy.

switched out the xlr cables with others to make sure it wasn't the cables. cables are not the issue.

any other suggestions or is it off to the repair shop? :(

5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    Time for a tech to take a look. You’ve narrowed it down, document that the 1/4” in works and the XLR doesn’t.

A tech will look at the XLR related components, any cables running to that circuit, they will check the power supply. This doesn’t have to be an expensive fix.