1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XM vs Sirius for Jazz??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Anyone have an opinions?? I have XM right now. I know Wynton Marsalis (w/ Lincoln Center) has some type of relationship with XM70. I like some of their shows too like "Organized" but I was curious what anyone else thought about Sirius for their jazz stations..

2. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    i had both, i personally think sirius did all their channels better than XM. I can't really speak for jazz in particular but talk, rock, techno, sports etc etc all better than xm.

3. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I had sirius for a while. I listened to jazz quite a bit and was pleased with their offerings. When I had it there were 2 true jazz channels, one with the more modern cutting edge type stuff and another that was more oriented towards the legends. There was also a smooth jazz station but we won't count that. As I remember it was mostly music and not much as far as interviews and things, the DJ's were always great though and several of them were cats who were really involved in the jazz scene, which was cool. I remember Al Di Meola DJ'ing alot in the time slot when I was listening. I was always pleased with what sirius had to offer but I can't really compare to XM.

4. XM70 is pretty good for the straight up jazz, and there's a jazz classics channel as well as smooth jazz and modern jazz/fusion channels.

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    When I was in the market for satellite radio, I chose Sirius because their music channels were better categorized and more specific than XM's were.

You can go here for a 3 day trial period and listen for yourself. Just look to the right and click on "Try SIRIUS for Free".