Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Xmas came early!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Usul, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Well,I did succumb to GAS today and traded in my
    Ibanez GSR190 and 10watt amp towards a Danelectro Rumour Bass.Nice little bass,I had my mind on either a Longhorn or the DC-3 but the Rumour honestly played and felt better to me.

I also had the tech throw a set of medium gauge ghs flatwounds (brites) on her.Serious serious low end and thump.I really like how she sounds.The flats are very nice on the fingers(sliding,etc.).

That outta hold me,eh? :D :p

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    congrats on the new bass man.. its always a nice feeling when you hold something wonderfull in your hands

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I used to have GHS brite flats on my Danelectro Hodad, got a really nice low end. It was kind of muddy though. They sound great though, if you set them up properly, I still want to put some flats on my Longhorn.

Congrats, though!

Next stop = cab!

4. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Awesome bro, sounds sweet. I've never played one but they look very nice. Maybe santa will bring you a cabinet for your Ampeg:) Have fun with your new toy.

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Congrats!! I love when XMAS comes early!!!!
    My wife is cooking up something at Mars for XMAS, I can't wait!
    Enjoy