Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Xotic basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris_Brunhaver, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Are any of you familiar with Xotic Guitars basses? I looks like they have gone out of business. There website domain name looks to have lapsed and been bought by music123.com. There is a beautiful one for sale and I couldn't find much info on them. I know Keith Horne used to play one.

-Chris

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    They seemed to be very popular amongst Nashville players a few years ago. I remember visiting their website about two years ago. Don't know what's become of them.

3. I'm thinking of trading my Roscoe SKB-3006 for this Xotic bass. www.kerlee.com/bass/xotic6.jpg I wondering if that is a good idea or not. I like the Roscoe, I would just like to try something different. The instrument looks awesome but I wonder if the fact aht it is not a well known name with bite be later if I decide to sell it.

-Chris

4. bump

5. Chris, They have a section in the new Bass/Guitar buyer's guide that recently came out. My guess would be that they are still in business. It said that they are made in the USA, I believe that they used to be made only in Japan. Perhaps they moved and that caused a gap in advertisment for them.