1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Xotic basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris_Brunhaver, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Are any of you familiar with Xotic Guitars basses? I looks like they have gone out of business. There website domain name looks to have lapsed and been bought by music123.com. There is a beautiful one for sale and I couldn't find much info on them. I know Keith Horne used to play one.

-Chris

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    They seemed to be very popular amongst Nashville players a few years ago. I remember visiting their website about two years ago. Don't know what's become of them.

3. I'm thinking of trading my Roscoe SKB-3006 for this Xotic bass. www.kerlee.com/bass/xotic6.jpg I wondering if that is a good idea or not. I like the Roscoe, I would just like to try something different. The instrument looks awesome but I wonder if the fact aht it is not a well known name with bite be later if I decide to sell it.

-Chris

4. bump

5. Chris, They have a section in the new Bass/Guitar buyer's guide that recently came out. My guess would be that they are still in business. It said that they are made in the USA, I believe that they used to be made only in Japan. Perhaps they moved and that caused a gap in advertisment for them.