Xotic Tri-Logic Preamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superheavyfunk, May 1, 2017.

1. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    I've been reading a lot of stuff here on talkbass from over the years about this preamp and how it's been compared to the fabled Sadowski pre of yore... Yet, I often see folks who talk about it mention that they prefer the RC Booster for whatever reason - and therein lies my question: What is it about the RC Booster that folks seem to prefer?

According to the specs, everything is the same between the two pedals, except that the Tri has a mid control. I've never used the Tri but I've got an RC and I need some mid control, so I've been thinking about moving the RC along and getting the TriLogic (or buying a BMC, but why do that when I can just get the TriLogic?)... do they really sound that different?

I'd just go out and try it myself, except that there's no place around my area that sells anything by Xotic, so I'd have to buy it online, or from somebody here on TB... I'd love to get some opinions before I spend my weak Canadian dollars on some gear from the States. :(

2. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    fish2.png

Bass Bump

3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Which version of the Tri-logic?

4. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Woah. I completely forgot about this thread... One of so many that just get overlooked and ignored, I guess.

Any of them, but I guess they're on version 3 now.