1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Xotic X-Blender Help?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Boy_Narf, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Boy_Narf

Boy_Narf

Dec 19, 2013
    Hello Everyone,

Got a Xotic X-Blender last week to run with my Geiger Counter, and Bass BB Preamp. I wasn't all that fond of running the BB in the loop, but I'm really liking the sound of my Rat2 blended in. Now that I have messed around with it for a few hours, I'm having trouble getting it to sound "transparent". I have read a ton of reviews and posts saying how it's extremely transparent but I'm having trouble dialing it in. Setting the knob to 100% wet, and comparing it to the bypassed loop, it's not even close to the same sound. I've messed with all of the knobs and switches, but can't get both sounding the same. Is this the intended functionality of the pedal (having a bit of color on the wet signal)? or am I missing something?

Thanks guys,

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Run a short patch cord from the loop out to the loop input. Set the EQ and boost knobs to their "zero" position (I don't remember right now whether that is 7:00 or 12:00). Now A/B the wet and dry; should be close to identical. I don't have an X-Blender anymore, but when I did it didn't seem to add much coloration.

3. Boy_Narf

Boy_Narf

Dec 19, 2013
    The knob completely dry matches with the pedal off perfectly. But the effect perfectly we does not match with the pedal in full effect mode. Seems to be a bit of jazz happening in the mids that I can't quite sort out. I'm guessing the buffer is pretty old technology and might not be the most transparent thing out there.

I was thinking of picking up the one control mini blender. This xotic is a pretty large pedal, and I don't really need the extra features.

4. Boy_Narf

Boy_Narf

Dec 19, 2013
    Howdy,

Just got my One Control Mosquite Blender MKII in the mail. It's awesome! Kicks the crap out of the X-Blender that's for sure! Effects in the loop sound much more natural, and I don't notice any tone coloration like I had with the X-Blender. Running a RAT2 through the Mosquite sounds damn good.