SOLD Xotic XJ-1T 24 fret (price drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ewo, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Price:
    Strings:
    If you'd like to have a 24 fret J with single coils and _no_ noise, this just might be your huckleberry.

Boutique quality and a beautiful blue metallic finish. Normal player wear: a few dings and scratches on the body, none of which break the paint. Minimal fret wear. Everything works as it should, including the truss rod. It'll take a low setup, no problem.

This baby was fully optioned when it was built in 2012. It's got the dummy coil circuit under the pickguard. That's how the single coils don't pick up noise, even when soloed. The fret markers are the luminlays. The body's drilled for stringing through, if you like to do that. And it's a six bolt neck.

The chrome knobs are the volume/blend/passive tone setup; pull the volume knob to go passive. The Xotic 18 volt pre is one of the most musical I've heard. Three band EQ, the mid and treble center freqs selectable with the small switches next to the bridge. I find that much more usable than when there's a DIP switch package buried in the control cavity.

I've been playing fivers for quite a while, and the B string on this sounds great.

34" scale. 10.2 pounds, bathroom scale method.

Comes with a beat up, but still usable, Gator hard shell case.

20190407_141038.jpg

20190407_141100.jpg
    20190407_141027.jpg

20190407_141107.jpg

2. paulvezzo

paulvezzo

Jun 12, 2013
    Marvelous bass! i'm searching for one, but...i'm in Italy

Ewo likes this.
  3. Ewo

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Thank you!

Yeah, the board is rosewood and the CITES treaty effectively makes it impossible to ship the bass out of the US.

4. Ewo

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Just wanted to add a note regarding the price.

The current line of Xotic J basses is (AFAIK) made in Indonesia. This one was made in their Japan shop, and has features the current line does not.

I'm happy to entertain offers, but I figure the number I'm asking isn't way out of line with the bass's market value.

5. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    I owned an identical Xotic for a couple of years and they really are fantastic instruments. Ultimately I had to go to something with narrow spacing, but the sound and feel of these basses are on par with Sadowsky and I think the preamp is better (waits for lightning to strike), especially the selectable mid and high frequency switches.

Ewo likes this.
  6. Ewo

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Thank you for your comment! Yeah, I have three Sadowsky Will Lee fivers (different wood combos and pups), and the Xotic xj-1t made in Japan is in that league, for sure.

So why am I selling this bass? Well, Xotic wasn't on my radar screen at all until a TB-er waved this at me as a trade for a bass I'd put up for sale. I was extremely impressed with it--so much that I bought another one like it with 22 frets on Reverb. And then another in ash/maple. So this one's been sitting in the closet, lonely...

7. Ewo

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Dropped the price… Want it? Talk to me.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022