TRADED Xotic XP-1T 5 String - Lowered to 1600 - Sale only

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Flag2Flag, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    Xotic XP-1T 5 String – TRADED-

Up for your consideration is my Xotic XP-1T 5 string P bass. Very lightly used, no playing wear to speak of. The bass is a 2012 model which I purchased in November 2015. The certificate of authenticity has a signed date of October, 2015. I bring this up because although it’s a 2012 bass, there’s NO way this sat on a sales floor for very long at all. It was delivered in 2015.

The only blemish on the bass is a small, sliver sized indentation (photographed) on the lower bout, completely out of view unless viewed from the bottom.

I have truly enjoyed playing this bass, but try as I might I have not become the ardent 5-stringer I imagined...

Appearance / Feel:

Lovely gold color. Closer to Firemist gold than anything else. Haven’t seen this color on many other Xotics, especially newer ones. Really pretty one piece maple neck with nice figuring. Neck feels great and plays nice and quick. Satin oil finished, more akin to a US Lakland feel than Music Man if you catch my drift… Neck shape is a shallow C. White 3-ply pickguard. Rosewood cover on the pickup has a really nice ramp / dogear which is comfy for some thumb-anchored rockin. Bass is a tidy 9.1 Lbs. Feels quite a bit lighter than my 2008 Am Std P.

Construction:

Attention to detail in the construction is very high. Fret dressing rivals any boutique bass I’ve owned, hardware appointments are top notch as well – US Hipshot at both ends. Neck joint is very tight. Nothing has budged at all since I’ve owned it. It will definitely stand up to a beating.

Sound:

BIG. Three band EQ is flexible and very powerful (18v electronics) yet neutral enough to always let the P character shine through. Features Xotic’s three band EQ along with mini toggles for mid & treble boost; plus the standard Volume, Tone controls. The bass here does sport the Tri-logic II preamp, rather than the updated one. I’ve not tried the newer, so I can’t make any claims there. Super handy feature is a trim pot on the back control panel, for controlling the pre-amp’s output level without taking the panel off. Really nice if you’re shooting for active / passive parity.

The Passive circuit is equally useable as the active. I’ve a/b this to a number of other high end Fender P basses, and really does replicate a lot of the P bass magic, with a modern edge.

Other Stuff:

Bass comes with Xotic hard/softshell gigbag with back pack straps. Includes all the tasty candy that came with the bass: owner’s manual / authenticity certs, build sheet, allen keys, stickers, etc. etc. Currently strung with the rounds it came with from the factory (D’addario I think) but I’ll include a set of newish DR flatwounds that I’ve gone back and forth between. Both sets still play like new.

I’ve tried to describe the bass to the best of my abilities. If you’ve got any questions – I’ll get right back to you.

I’m located in Austin Texas, and would gladly welcome an in-person demo / pickup. I will ship this anywhere in the continental US inclusive to sale price. Sale Only – No Trades. Payment to be rendered by PayPal ONLY.

image2.JPG image1.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image7.JPG image8.JPG image4 (2).JPG image2 (2).JPG IMG_4804.JPG

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    fourtet102, late80s, TalHaz and 2 others like this.
  2. onda'bass

onda'bass Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Buffalo Ny
    Xotic are sweet basses. GLWTS

Flag2Flag likes this.
  3. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hey everyone!

Been tracking the sale of a few of these, and I want to be a bit more competitive to what they've been selling at. This is a very fair price, for a top-class precision bass. Preparing for a move, so I'm motivated to find her a new home.

PM me if you want to talk!

4. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Price lowered to $1600 - Take her home!

5. Korlin1

Korlin1

Apr 20, 2007
    What are the body and fret board woods please? Rosewood and Alder?

6. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Yup - you've got it!

Any other questions, let me know.

7. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Come on everyone! No love on this sweet bass?

8. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    I can't say if it's true love, but am developing a crush on this:bassist:

This is a great price. About what I sold mine for and that hurt.

9. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks! It is a great bass. I will definitely miss the gold / white pickguard look. Just not playing lots of 5 string lately...

I've tried too many different 5 strings, and while they were all fantastic instruments, I'm just more of a 4 string guy. Live and learn.

10. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Man, no trades???

11. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Unless its a CS jazz 4 string, no trades. Sorry!

12. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Not even a Mike Lull 4 String jazz?
    CAR, matching headstock, rosewood board with pearl block inlays, Bart 2 band pre with VTC and Fralin single coils?
    That's too bad.
    I know where one is. ;)

13. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Send a pic!

14. tobynjake

tobynjake Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2011
    NC
    I have the 4 string version.
    Great price on an amazing bass.
    GLWTS

15. mcnaughb

mcnaughb

Apr 27, 2012
    What is the string spacing and nut width?

16. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    19mm at the bridge, 1.850 inches respectively

17. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Traded... Onwards to a new home!

Thanks @MikeBass

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021