1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Xotic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sps500, Mar 14, 2013.

1. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    Managed to drop by the Xotic shop in Van Nuys and enjoyed great hospitality by Toshio and his crew.
    As a bonus I managed to try a whole bunch of Xotic basses. In that hour and a half I have to say it was really enjoyable and I have to post here how great their basses are.

For me though I have to say the XJ1P is possibly the most under rated bass out there at the moment. Besides the usual stuff...great workmanship and attention to detail what really stood out was the basses tone! It not only had an amazing P bass sound but it was extremely versatile.

So now it's a case of more GAS and not enough Beano!!!! Not good !

2. I played a Jazz 4-banger in HK a year ago and it was hella good. Top class stuff.

3. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    They got my money, Yes Sir! And sometimes I see a natural, or chocolate one, I have to run away! Is it wrong to love a bass so much, that you have to own two of the same bass?

4. Heh, heh, heh.

5. jeffbassguy

jeffbassguy "Less is more, unless the guitarist sucks"

Feb 4, 2001
    connecticut
    This video makes me want to get one...the tone is killer.

6. SherwoodGreen

SherwoodGreen Banned

Dec 25, 2012
    My SHERWOOD GREEN XP-1T4 was a Birthday present to myself in December.

Let me tell ya, whenever I play that bass, SMILE.

Anyone looking for a Precision should know that the build quality and the Xotic preamp are World-Class.

I have asked Xotic if they would build me- and they denied- a 4-string XB! (They're too busy now.)

That model is the shizz! Maybe if I get aggressive....:D