1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale XOX “The Handle” Carbon Fiber Guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Bobo Fret, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bobo Fret

Bobo Fret Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Price:
    XOX “The Handle” Carbon Fiber Guitar - $3,400 shipped/Paypalled CONUS

I am the original owner of this cool-ass guitar. It is a monocoque design composed of carbon fiber, which gives the guitar a great degree of rigidity, and therefore sustain. The body (and neck!) are hollow, which gives the guitar great resonance.

The guitar is very light. In fact, the heavy Planet Waves tuners that it came with originally made it a tad neck heavy. I installed Sperzel Trim-Loks, which rectified the situation completely. Note that the screw holes from the Planet Waves are visible on the back of the headstock.

I also ditched the original DiMarzio PAF Pro’s, which I thought were utterly uninspiring pickups. It now has Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers. If you’ve never tried them, don’t be put off by the name – they hold up extremely well under high gain, but when played clean, they don’t sound anything like traditionally constructed high-output, overwound humbuckers. They have a wonderful wide-range fidelity about them.

--Note – some crazing of the finish around the screw holes and pickups on the metal control plate on the front of the guitar. It’s painted aluminum, so this was always a foregone conclusion.

--Note – missing screw on the control plate on the back of the guitar (which is carbon fiber BTW, not aluminum as on the front). Actually, the screw isn’t missing, I have it. It’s just not installed because the reciprocal part that it screws into in the control cavity is missing.

No Trades Please.

Specs:
    --Carbon fiber monocoque neck/body
    --Carbon fiber composite fingerboard
    --Metallic gold finish that I originally wanted to cover the guitar completely, but the dude from XOX suggested it might look cool to do this kind of fade thing so that the neck side of the guitar had the carbon fiber weave peeking through, so that’s what we did.
    --24-fret slim-tapered neck
    --Stainless steel medium jumbo frets
    --25.5” scale length
    --Sperzel Trim Lok tuners
    --Hipshot bridge
    --Lace Alumitone Deathbucker pickups
    --Potentiometers:
    --Volume
    --Tone
    --Pickup blend knos
    --Mini-switches:
    --Coil tap
    --Phase: throws neck pickup out of phase (ala Peter Green)
    --Original case included (it’s one of those not quite hard, not quite soft cases).

mGpEm93.
    Eq4Lphq.
    w8sjL3w.
    wM3kEY0.
    hymE7Us.
    VuA9Fxh.
    fvOoEyV.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018