1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XP 100 problems

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lowpro, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Long story short, I've got an XP100 here, and it's usually working fine, however 2 days ago, I broke the PSU, the end that goes into the pedal. The plastic around the end of it broke, and wouldn't power the pedal. I bought a radioshack PSU today, and plugged it in, and it's powering the pedal, however when I play, there's no signal going out of the pedal. None. And the clip light is on all the time, usually it's never on unless I'm playing pretty hard.

What did I do, how do I fix it =\

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    What power supply did you get for it?

If I'm not mistaken, the Digitech XP100 uses a 9VAC power supply. If you got a 9VDC one from Radio Shack, it isn't going to work.

Double-check the kind of voltage it produces for its output.

3. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
  4. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Yeah, that one's definitely the wrong one.

Does it actually say 9VAC on the package?

It's easy to get the wrong one because they're all called AC adapters - they take AC as the input. However, most pedals out there use adapters that take that AC and convert it to DC. The one you show above converts AC to DC... hence, the importance of double-checking what the adapter actually puts out.

EDIT: On your adapter... the input should say 110VAC or 120VAC, while the output should say 9VDC and 800mA. If that's the case, you've got the wrong one - it should've been 9VAC.

I don't think Radio Shack regularly carries the AC-to-AC types, but you could always ask them.

5. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
  6. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    I hate saying it but I have no clue where to go to other than Radioshack. There's always Bestbuy but I don't know what they pedal around these days.

7. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
  8. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Something similar happened to me. I was really worried, until I re-read the manual, and realised my mistake. :meh:

9. masprague

masprague

May 6, 2007
    dude ebay....Bestbuy is not going to have it. Radioshack is unbelievably filled with ignorant people. I really can not believe that they still exist as a store. One day I hope people figure this out and Radioshack closes.

10. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    +1

I stopped going there when I realized they had no idea what they were really selling when it came to electronic components.

If I know their inventory better than they do, something's clearly wrong.

11. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    That's why I don't go to Guitar Center anymore.

I know it may be different elsewhere, but all the one's I've been to have been run by monkeys.

12. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The one in Sherman Oaks is also staffed with monkeys, too, but there's this one cool one named Dave who speaks English. :D

As for the one in El Cerrito... they've got baboons. :meh:

13. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Dave is GC's saving grace. Sometimes I feel like a douche though, because I feel bad about calling him for a "hookup".

But he rocks hard. Customer service at it's finest. :D

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021