Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

XS400H Owners....you there?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Woofenstein, Aug 23, 2004.

1. I'm thinking about getting a Yorkville XS400H for my new head. Could any of you XH400H owners out there describe your impression of the head? Tonal voicing, reliability, power, etc? I'll be trying the head before I buy, but would like to have an idea of it's tone and reliability before I make the drive! Thanks!

2. Reliability definately shouldnt be a problem, as its Yorkville...

bump

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I don't have the head, I have the combo, the XS400TC version...

...love it. Absolutely killer tone, hasn't crapped out on me once in the 9 months I've had it. Totally reliable. The head is awesome, I like pairing it with a 4x10 and 2x10 when I have the chance to play with a head& cab set up. I think you'll like it when you try it...

...until you try the XS800H. More features, lighter due to the lack of a heatsink in favour of a fan cooling system, and more power and headroom. Should be shipping in the next month or so if you care to wait...but the XS400H is a great amp as well.

4. Cool - anyone else :)