Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

xs800 Tube Replacement Question?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Motorhead Mark, Nov 11, 2005.

1. So I am trying to replace my tube in my 800 and all is going to plan except:

I have a little rubber stopper left over.

When I took the old tube out, this stopper was infront of the top of the tube on the board in the groove.

However, isn't it supposed to sit ON Top of the tube to hold it in place to the board? This would make more sense to me, or should I just put it back the way I found it?

Ideas anyone?

2. I have the 800 and have replaced the tube with a JJ, sounds good.
    The rubber peice goes on top of the tube while you slide it into position, there is a guide for the rubber piece on top for it to slide with the tube. Once the tube is over the input press it down gently.
    Be gentel with it, I found it a bit delicate.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    What Jamesblue said...

Mark, how does it sound now?

4. Yeah, I figured it out. How does it sound? Well, living in a townhouse doesn't really afford me the space to give it a go. I did try it, but the volume was so low, and I mean low, that I couldn't hear any diff at all. Nov 26th is when I will be able to let er rip....it's gonna be like an early christmas!