Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Xtreme Rawk Ibanez ad revisited

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DigMe, Jan 21, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Remember this thread? Ahh..the good old days.

Anyway..ever since then I've made sure to take notice of the ads in Bass Player, mainly because the ad referred to in that thread was so entertaining. Well, ever since then I haven't found one other Ibanez ad that was along that vein. While Ibanez still has similar types of artists in their ads it seems like the quotes from the artists in the ads seem to be a bit more refined. Makes me wonder if that thread possibly got back to the Ibanez marketing dept. and they quietly took steps to not quote goobers anymore. Or maybe goobers like that only come along once in a blue moon and it's just coincidence. Either way though the artist comments in the Ibanez ads do seem to be a bit more knowdgable than "The pickups on the SRX are super loud-way better than the pickups in other basses if you want to rock out."

brad cook

2. Oh, that reminds me of some jerk who did a column in Canadian Musician magazine a while ago. He was talking about basses and said something like "If you want a real bass, you really have only three choices: Fender Precision, Fender Jazz, or Gibson Thunderbird".

Yeah right.

I should've wrote to the magazine to express my disgust towards their Xtreme (heh heh) lack of judgement.

3. Haha I remember that ad. Or at least the thread about it.

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I kind of feel like a master of bass playing after reading that.
    Rawk on brothers!!

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Classic Peter McFerrin post on page 2 of that thread:

:D

brad cook