Xxxtra Cheese

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by freeXpizza, Aug 4, 2022.

1. freeXpizza

freeXpizza

Aug 4, 2022
    Hey dudes!

Where are my heavy hardcore/deathcore/hardcore heads at?!
    Need some opinions on Eq/compression pedals.

Currently running an MxrM80 and a Darkglass Alpha omnicron for my dirty Bertha tone. That’s all need. Is a big ole stinky warthog with a cannon blaster on its back shooting lightning into a trash can.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to try to just really push it over the edge that would be sick :)

cheers from Nc

2. Ahoy!
    Can't help with your question, but wanted to say welcome to TB.
    I imagine your head brethren will descend upon you soon enough.

freeXpizza likes this.
  3. freeXpizza

freeXpizza

Aug 4, 2022
    I appreciate it my dude ⚔️

4. Dr. Gonzo82

Dr. Gonzo82

Jul 19, 2008
    Seewinkel
    Not sure if you want to replace what you have or add to it, but if you want to add something to push it over the edge, I would suggest octavers, especially those with -1 and +1.

A digital example would be any Ehx Pog pedal, or if you wanna go the analog route, there is the Foxrox Octron 3.

Of course you could go over the top with a phaser or bit crusher but I don’t know how much “weirdness” your music asks for.

freeXpizza likes this.
  5. I play down tuned pretty sludgy metal… my main tones are similar ish to yours. For some places where I need to stand out adding an octave up fuzz set low so you just get the octave up stacked with your main dirt. Adding a chorus set subtly so it’s more of a “thickener” can also do well to fill out a dirt sound and make it just that one next level thick wall of sound.

I tend to always be playing low B so octave down doesn’t do much for me

6. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth Nothing to fret over. Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    There’s a stickied thread at the top of this forum filled with compressor reviews and general compression-related chatter. That’s a fine resource if you aren’t sure what you’re looking for, or if you’re looking for info on a particular compressor.

7. Bassgeer

Bassgeer Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Canada
    Maybe some sort of dirty boost before your other pedals to kick on when you need extra mayhem