Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ya Gotta Love This Guy!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, May 16, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  2. I hate him....

how is he famous and not JT?

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    JT's a bass player.;)

4. HAHA!

good one dude.

But seriously,

it's sad how some people w/ real talent don't get noticed or anything 'cause the majority of the society would rather see a nice rack,or a tough guy w/ a bad-ass attitude then see some real talent.

I mean,I am buying their CD,not there looks or there photos:rolleyes:

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, that's the case half the time. But the other half the time, Talent becomes the gimmick, every so often some players emerge on the scene that get reasonably popular, and are extremely talented, they get popular because for some reason that weeks trend is "wow look how talented these guys are"

I know a big part of Primus' appeal was that they were headed by a very talented bass player(that's how a lot of the word of mouth spread)

granted primus never broke super-stardom, they did become pretty damn popular, and Les' house is a pretty shwanky mansion.

6. Fred really don't fudge around does he...even though I'm not going to the Download Festival, I'm sure it'll be rocking ownin' to the fact that LB isn't going to be there.

JT is a total bad-ass and has plenty of attitude...Have you seen his police line-up pic??? :eek: :eek: :eek: I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on his bad side.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Pork Soda DID go platinum though!!

brad cook

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I liked the response of the guy with the username "Massive":

:)