1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ya know, I never liked Divinity basses...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  2. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    First Divinity bass I've seen. Glad to see i can crawl out from under that rock now.

Looks beautiful.

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Now just ask how much that fretboard alone is. ;)

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I've either played that exact same Divinity or one just like it down at the LowEnd. Its a great sounding bass... feels good to. The price wasn't that bad either, I considered picking it up... but i'm still waiting on my custom LowEnd 6-string to get here...

[EDIT] So i just check it out, I have played that exact Divinity... just thought you guys should know that

5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Definitely not my thing.

6. Umm, while I can appreciate the skill it took to build, I don't like it's overall composition. The filler under the neck in the body looks like it's a more of a repair than an integrated feature. Just a poor choice of wood matching there.

7. i've played that bass too, it's pretty amazing. i believe that's brian's personal bass, but i may be wrong.

b.

8. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I like the overall design, but I think the upper horn/single cutaway is too large. It looks like they were going for sort of a symetrical wave on the top there, but I don't think it worked.

I think if they scaled down that single cut a bit, it'd look hoss. But as it it stands, it looks almost bigger than the rear bout it mirrors.

9. i can see where you're coming from. the design normally has a cut out i that spot which helps with the visual balance quite a bit.

P1010014.jpg

10. imo that second one would be hot if they took out the wood below the hole making it look more normal...

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Same here. I feel its symmetry is not that great, even though it's an original shape.

Maybe a bit too Klingon for my taste.

12. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think that particular cutout only really works with the tribal inaly scheme. However, if it was a rounder, more KL Brase in it's approach, then I think it'd work out well.

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

What he said.

14. That lower horn looks way too snap-off-able.

15. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    yuck

16. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    They look like beasts!