Ya know what?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lbanks, Jun 21, 2004.

1. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    ...Screw rack cases, power amps, preamps, rack mounted effects and all their ilk! Racks get heavy, awkward and don't fit right on top the cabs! I'm going back to using my Sunn Coliseum 300 and the Trace Elliot heads. And, just for the Acme Low B2, I'm putting 200 dollars on a TE AH550 I saw In the local pawnshop. The RMX 850 has join the stereo system and is kickin' butt. The Mackie M1400 is now part of the home studio. The Legion Sound Power Amp, along with the Behringer Bass V-amp Pro, is now part my dining room practice rig. Right on Solid State!!! Soon I'll be in the market for punchy, deep LIGHT speakers! I'm thinking of adding the Acme and the Avatar to the stereo. (I likes to Bop!) I'll thunder at home! I'm considering the Aguilar 1x12 or some Helvos(?). I'm old and I don't want to hurt myself no more, d****T!
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    YAaaayyyyyyy a fellow convert. Heads rule! Simpler, cheaper, and carefully chosen, just as likely to hit the spot tonewise.

Yooooooo da Man!
  3. i was thinking about going rack at one time but yeah i figured out its not for alot of people. heads are so much simpler.
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    The Conversion is complete. Bought the Trace on top today....
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    While I have two rack systems, I tend to agree with you. I could probably do everything that I want to do with the rig shown in the picture, but I'd miss the blinking lights :D