Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ya, so.... I bought a new Bergantino NV610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whatever, Jan 26, 2004.

1. whatever

whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    Boston
    I have not tried it out with the band yet (tomorrow) but in the store it sounded fantastic with my Ampeg SVT Classic. I also I tried the NV215 which sound great too, and I almost want to go back for that instead, but I think the 610 will be a lot more versatile and help me cut through my guitarists thick distortion.

I also found out after carrying the Ampeg in and out of the store myself (normally a two man job in my band) and judging how my back feels right now maybe I should look for a replacement. What to get though? : )

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Cool, you're in Boston. All you have to do is go talk to Cory or Justin at Rockcity Guitars in Somerville. They will help you decide about the amp. Corey used to use SVT's solely. (Wait a minute, is that where you got the cab to begin with???? If so turn right around and talk to them about amps)

3. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    welcome to the bergie club! The nv610 is a great cab and sounds good with either modern or vintage power. How did you like the nv 215? What did it sound like compared to the 610?

4. whatever

whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    Boston
    Hey emjazz, I did get it at Rock City. Cory mentioned the Ashdown 500 as being a good match. I'm sure there are some others too, I do want to stay with a vintage type tone, just with modern portability. I have to save my pennies before I give any serious thought to a new amp though, But I am always looking for suggestions. I might buy a road case with built in casters and handle bar, I think I saw one on line some where, that will make the SVT more tolerable.

I really liked it, it had a very deep bass tone and it was not muddy at all. But I need to cut through a vary loud and a lot of the time very distorted guitar. The NV215 would have probably done it with no problem I was just to chicken to find out, for better or worse I am use to the sound of tens.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Definately check out the Ashdown. I have one and it can get a tone very close to the SVT. All you have to do is push the tube hard and it sounds HUGE! I feel that the best tone Corey has ever gotten was with an Ashdown head and the Berg 610.

6. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Same here. thats why I got the 610 as well but am thinking about putting the 215 under the 610. I havent had the chance to hear the 215 yet.

7. whatever

whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    Boston
    I'll check one out eventually, they didn't have a 500 in the store today. They are not all that much money. Not when you compare it to the SVT CL.
    I noticed in your signature you have a Nordstand link, what do you think of the pick ups? I have a P/J set on the way. I know this isn't a pick up thread, you can PM me if you like.

If I ever needed to add another speaker cab it would be the NV215 without a doubt. But I don't see my guitarist getting another 412 cab and a Triple Rectifier to replace his Single Rec. anytime soon.

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

If you're used to tens, it's usually best to stick with tens. Heck, I owned a Bergantino 2x12 for awhile... it was very nice, but I liked the Berg 3x10 better. Probably because I'm used to tens. :)

But the NV610 is my favorite cab lately: great tone that cuts right through onstage. Welcome to the NV610 club!

9. Ya, welcome to the club. I was just talking to Mr. B himself yesterday and commenting on how many folks are buying the NV610 and interested in the new NV215. I love mine and I also love the HT112 and EX112 combo, also a huge sound for such little cabs. ENJOY!

10. whatever

whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    Boston
    Thank you, it seems like a good club to be in!

11. WHatever
    And that is were your going to be loving it (in the clubs - ha ha) I mainly got mine for bigger outside gigs because I always have huge PA support, but I needed big knife to cut when outside! I love it when they ask me to turn down some. I'm like "ya a huh, sure thing."

12. whatever

whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    Boston
    I have never played an outside gig. Always in doors. Sometimes with a good PA sometimes only a junk PA for the vocals. I figure I'll be fine in most situations. I have band practice tonight, it will be my first out of store experience with the 610.