Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yahoo! Bass Jam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by quatre03, Aug 22, 2004.

1. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    A bunch of bass players, from another forum i go to, will get together and jam online. Now im extending the invite to the bassists in this forum. If u'd like to join, go to yahoo and download the IM service, the add me on your IM buddy list...

quatre03 <-- Y! name

2. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    who will supply the cyber gonja

3. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    anyone...?

and no there is no cyber pot

4. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    download yahoo. then u need an adapter that goes from a 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch, so u can plug in to the back or your computer, or if u have a microphone, set it up near your amp

5. so if i can plug my bass into my computer (which i can...with my echo mia soundcard) thats all i need?
    is the jam in realtime?

6. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    yes its real time. everyone is online at the same time, and u can play live

7. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    I registered the domain bassjam.com years ago for a site which you could do virtual jamming.

Something akin to using Rogerwilco / or Teamspeak, However i was forced back to work and gave up trying to figure it out. Plus a bout of tech laziness overcame me and i withdrew from the net :bag:

Sounds like fun though.

8. Badass, I'm there. I've always looked for bass rooms but nobody ever plays.

9. This is really cool.. Good learning technique.