Yall Saved Me Once, Lets Try For Two.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AnubisXII, Mar 9, 2019.

1. AnubisXII

AnubisXII

Aug 20, 2018
    DFW, Texas
    Hello, lady and gentlemen of the forum. Yall saved me from buying a fake P-bass, so I have a Jazz I wanna throw atcha.
    This one just may be for realz, player. It belongs to a dude I work with. He got it from this chick he's known for a long time and she got it from a dead boyfriend. Not to sound insensitive or anything, but what else do you call a dead boyfriend?
    But anyhoo...
    Heres the pics he sent me. He'll be bringing it to work tomorrow and I need to know what to look for. 573794368.jpg 573794372.jpg 573794376.jpg For some reason I cannot upload a picture of the serial number, which is on the back of the headstock. That number is right next to "Made in USA". Z6248452.
    Made in USA? Wheres the the? Maybe Im trippin, but shouldn't it say "Made in THE USA"?
    So yall think this is real?
    If I like this and it's the real deal, what should I offer?
    Thank you all for sharing your wisdom.

2. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Looks like a Highway 1 Jazz Bass with a Badass II Bridge. Serial number checks out for that, too.

3. JIO

JIO Be seeing you. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Look for the exit - it's cursed by the aforementioned deceased BF! ;) Just make sure the neck doesn't have any issues -

4. This one’s good, go for it.

5. Both my J bass and P Plus bass say "Made in USA"... without "the".

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022