1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamah TRBX174EW vs Fender Modern Player Dimensio

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BlazzingBlocks, Dec 5, 2018.

1. BlazzingBlocks

BlazzingBlocks

Dec 4, 2018
    Hello, this is my first post here since I am new to bass playing. Came from a classical piano background and was attracted to the prospect of playing bass after listening to songs from Michael Bublé and analyzing the bass parts to it.

I borrowed a friend’s bass for 2 weeks and now, I have decided that it’s time to put some money into a bass. I did some research online and asked a friend in a local guitar shop for advice. I am attracted to a Yamaha TRBX174EW in the mango wood finish just from it’s good reviews and aesthetics, but my friend does have a used Fender Modern Player Dimension bass in Olympic white which doesn’t look to shabby either.

My situation is this:

Yamaha TRBX174EW - $295
    - new
    - special mango wood finish
    - free bag, cables and picks

Fender Modern Player Dimension - $360
    - used but has been set up
    - Olympic White color matches my girlfriend’s Squier VM Telecaster electric guitar

I have no idea what to go for, but slightly leaning to the Modern Player Dimension. Has anyone had experience with either bass and could you tell me more about them? I am looking for bass that will last me a few years since I am also delving into electric guitar and drums.