1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha 115B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_snake, Jul 7, 2009.

1. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's cheap enough, but honestly, nothing more than a practice amp for the bedroom, and a pretty big one at that. What do you want from it? Gigs? Don't think it's a great idea, but if you like how it sounds, and just need a bedroom amp, go for it.

3. I played one for years at church as part of a six-piece band and it sounded good. Plenty loud enough for a 300 seat room. Nothing but good memories with that amp.

4. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Umm, not really for a gig but just an upgrade for my 13 year old 35 watt amp. I know that I should get a better one. At least a 200 watt. It' s just I don' t have plenty of money. :(

Thank you guys for the reply. :)

5. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  6. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Yep, it is 30 watts - and that was the WORST sounding amp I ever had! I would not consider it any kind of an upgrade.

Dan K.

7. Sorry, I guess I am mistaken. Mine was a 100 watt 115 combo. Maybe I had a B100 then, it was the late 80's and a long time ago.

8. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Damn it! It' s a 30 watt amp. I just found out. I thought it was a 100 watt solid state. Nevermind...:rollno:

Thanks anyway guys. :cool:

9. I've got the combo version - they were built late 70s/early 80s - 50 watts and growls - I use it live all the time - fills most rooms when you are playing up to 300 people - I even bought a second - shouldn't have to pay more than $75 used...KJL

10. Northern Pike

Northern Pike

Nov 16, 2010
    I'm pretty sure that amp is 100 watts. I've had one since the 70s. Back then I played bars with it and it did the job. I thought it sounded good, though the JBL D140F I had in it may have helped. Its still in the basement but I haven't used it in decades.

11. IndyCarTim

IndyCarTim

Mar 3, 2015
    Denton, Tx
    I'm looking at one tomorrow that's a 50W in decent shape for $50. I'll be using it in the garage for practice and then for small gigs (no more than 100ppl). I'll see how it goes...