Yamaha? any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by COZ, Jan 15, 2002.

1. How's it going guys? i have a question for you guys, are yamaha basses any good? not for long time playing, but just until i get my Ibenz back from insurance, or unitl i can afford to buy something of the same quality! I just want to know in general are yamaha's alright. Can't remember the model # but it's about $400 can. hopefully that helps a little! thanks in advance Coz
  2. Yamahas of any price range are just fine. You may even find that you like your Yammie so much you wont want to go back to Ibanez.
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I think Yamaha basses are excellent. Some I prefer over others. The higher end yamahas play and feel really nice.. I was playing on a yamaha the other day.. don't remember the model.. two humbucking pups.. active electronics.. $500 i believe it was. It sounded really nice. Low action not too much buzzing. pretty nice tight b string.. Yeah. I think they are good basses :)
  4. :eek:

I've got an Ibanez EDC 705 and a Yamaha BBG4A-II...I haven't laid a single hand on the ibanez since the day i got my yamaha... :D
  5. Yamaha Basses are awsome. They are easily the best bang for the buck. And i too played the $450 RBX model with 2 active hummbuckers. Sounded fantastic and played like butter. Dean basses are also just as cheap and just as good. I would suggest that you buy the higher dollar models. You'll love em. i bought a $200 dollars RBX550M about 12 years ago, That i since hot rodded out, and would not trade it for anything.:cool:
  6. ya, I used to have a yamaha rbx 760a. it was a great bass, no complaints here. beautiful looking, great playability, and lots of tone. very light too.
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    The best overall bass I ever owned was the BB3000 that I used from '87 - '96. I wish I had kept it but I had to purge the inventory and streamline.

Anyway, black metalic, 24 karat hardware, nice mother of pearl inlay, neck-though.

I loved that bass!!! I wish I could find one. I think I paid $1500 for it new in '87.
  8. Yamaha's are very under-rated imho..
    they're rather cheap, but top-quality basses.
  9. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    As have been said before, a Yamaha is always a good choice, regardless of price range.

I have a Yamaha TRB-5 that I rarely play nowadays... too much in need of a fret dressing, which I don't think I'm able to afford with my ultra-mega-tight financial situation. However, with that fret dressing, and a new preamp that doesn't induce hiss on every frequency band, that bass would KILL!
  10. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I played a Yamaha John Pattitucci model about a year ago. Even though the neck was wide enough to steer a boat with, it was a really cool bass to play. If I ever find a good deal on one, that would be a good toy to have.