1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha Attitude De Luxe: any other human being having one, beside me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Avezzano, Dec 31, 2011.

1. as in the title: am I alone on the planet having this bass? Never seen another; not in paper or on the net! Nowhere!!!

2ibf6fp.

2yy5h93.

huoj07.

Badwater and ed morgan like this.
  2. dudelove

dudelove

Apr 16, 2010
    Greenland, Nuuk
    wow that nice bass, can you tell little more of it, like how it sound and more

3. dwh87

dwh87

Jul 31, 2007
    Cornwall
    That's pretty interesting.

4. six bolt neck huh...interesting. What are the four holes below that?

5. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Pickup screws.

I've almost bought one of these twice off my local Craigslist. I've wanted to give the "six-pack" pickup a try.

6. gunlak

gunlak

Nov 24, 2009
    Philippines
    post soundclips!

what's the 5 way switch for?

7. Bassmunnky

Bassmunnky

Jul 3, 2004
    New York and Philadelphia
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars
    Wish Yamaha kept that line going. As I recall, that pickup has some amazing switching capabilities.

The unicorn of basses.

8. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    Cool bass! :)

9. yes (happy new year, BTW! :)), the bass is super cool! The four holes are there to set the mega-pickup height and as said above the pickup (sixpack pickup!) includes 3 pairs of P pickups under the hood and the switch gives 5 combinations of them (God only knows which is which!) but starting from the first (neck) switch position, it gives what seems to me a traditional P; then going down other four mixed variations of the 3 pairs.

Another nice feature is that the body is sort of slanted, beveled: the upper half is less thick than the bottom part (I mean: looking at the first picture, the left part of the body is less thick, then it progressively increases, like a wedge, going toward the control cavity...)

10. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

I used to own one! Mine was cream color with a white pickguard, I believe. It was a fantastic bass, and was very versatile...I think I bought mine around 1992

11. jschwalls

jschwalls

Sep 4, 2007
    Savannah GA
    Image00001-3.

12. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    That is pretty cool. I've never seen one before, or even heard of it, only the Billy Sheehan style ones.

temmrich likes this.
  13. So, I am not crazy! The bass actually exists and I have the proof!!! See? Thundar is another human being that had a close encounter of the third kind like me!!! (Thanks, jschwalls for the page!)

:)

14. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    Coolest. Yamaha. Bass. Ever.

15. WOW! That is too much, man! But surely it is a real funky and aggressive bass: very modern and usable sounds yet it is a passive "rocker" kind of guy!!!! And the (rather flat) fast, complete access to the 21 frets fretboard is a welcomed plus.

;)

16. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    They made a few different versions of the Attitude I had one with a P/J setup for a while it was a nice bass sorry I got rid of it.

17. churchofamon

churchofamon

Dec 27, 2011
    That thing looks amazing... I rememebr when I first started playing bass when I was 15 (1992) Mr Big were huge and I really wanted an Attitude... His bass sound on that Lean Into It album was ginormous.

18. ...I can tell you that this bass really... "rocks"!!! I paid 450 USD in 97 or 98 while I was in the Usa and it is really worth every pence!!!!

The five different pickup configurations are really perceivable as different flavours, even if in one single 2 inch length housing.

19. Frosch Bassmann

Frosch Bassmann

May 1, 2016
    Hey man,

good message, you’re not alone! I own one, in wine red. I bought it in May 1994 by “Musikshop Axel” in Essen, Germany. The price was 1049 DM (deutsche Mark), on special offer, today it’s about 525 €. The original price was between 1400 and 1600 DM, if I remember rightly.

And right, under the hood are 3 pairs of pickups, you can compare the use of them with the use of a Fender Strat. Bass, middle, treble. When you’re playin’ this artful device and look down to the five way switch, switchin’ from left to right, in left position is only the left (bass) pair on, in the next position you have the combination of left pair and middle pair, in the middle position are all pickups working, half right position activates the middle and the right (treble) pair and the last is only the right (treble) pair. You hear it by sound.

Very fine instrument, it’s to hold nicely in one’s hand. I’m still playin’ it, it works like the very first day, absolutely reliable, like an old german car ;-) . I love it. Rock on, best regards

Frosch

Attached Files:

20. David Mochen

David Mochen

Jul 6, 2016
    Hi,

I put together this video explaining how the pickup selector works. It is in Spanish, but I figure out it can still be understood by non Spanish-speaking people.

Cheers

Dave

dralionux likes this.