Yamaha Attitude LTD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 9, 2001.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'd like to know more about this bass from people who play or played the Yamaha Attitude LTD bass. this is the bass used by Billy Sheehan. i'm interested not because this, but because i recently realized that fender style basses are the best for me. i'm looking for a precision style bass and i have seen in a shop the fender sting signature precision and the yamaha Attitude LTD. the shop is now closed for the summer break when they will reopen i'll go and try both basses, in the meantime i'd like to have your opinion on the yamaha. the price is 900 us $ for the sting and 800 us $ for tha yamaha. prices could sound high just because i'm in italy!
    thanks in advance
  2. I can only speak for the Attitude since I've never tried the other one. Its pretty much a Precision with an EB0 style pickup in the neck position.

Its pretty well built, beefy neck, it has nice pickups (DiMarzios), hipshot tuners and a hipshot extender key, is wired for dual outputs. I could take or leave the scalloped frets and the dot markers take some getting used to...other than that, I love my Yamahas.

BTW $800 is a good price for a new Attitude Limited II.