1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha Attitude PJ bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bthiemann80, Aug 5, 2007.

1. A few years back, circa 1996-97, I remember playing a Yamaha bass which I believe was part of the attitude series. It had the big headstock, 4 in-line tuners, huge Yamaha logo, and set up like the Billy Sheehan attitude basses you see nowadays w/out the dimarzio p or willpower, w/out the scallops and w/out the black fret markers. It had standard exposed pole Fender style pickups in a P/J configuration. I think it had a volume knob, tone knob and fan blade pickup selector. The one I tried was blue w/ a white pickguard but i'm sure they came in other colors.

I loved the bass, it had a great feel and sound to it. I've checked their website and cant find anything on them and cant find anything on the web about them either. Does anyone know if the still make these basses or if they're available anymore anywhere?

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    That's the attitude standard. I played one for many years, it was a great bass, especially given that it retailed for about $500!

3. Nice, I take it Yamaha doesnt manufacture that bass anymore. Shame, it was a really cool looking bass that played and sounded great.

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Yea, I think its been discontinued for ~10 years. I'm sure they felt it was redundant with their other $500 PJs ... which are all also very nice basses for the money. Yamaha has been killing it in that price range for ages.