Yamaha Attitude Plus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tplyons, Oct 6, 2004.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes, I know it's the bottom of the line Attitude, they're kind of ugly and have chunky necks. How much did they sell for new? I'm looking at a great deal on one in the area, and it seems to be a GREAT deal, but I can't remember exactly how much they were new and can't find it on the internet.

Also, were they common in seafoam green? I can only find pictures in black and red, but the one I'm looking at is puke green. Any info?

2. Take a look on Musiciansfriend.com... they sport all kinds of Yamaha basses.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Thanks, but the bass is long discontinued. Noone seems to have any info.
  4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Bass Player's 1992 Buyer's Guide had the list price at $699. Figure around $450, rough estimate.

Doubtful, as seafoam green became an color option on the Attitude II's in the mid/late 90's. Also as a matter of sales, I can't imagine a company producing a "low end" bass in such an unusual color. That's why you see so many blacks/reds/blues. People like standard colors, and they sell.

Good luck with your decision! :D
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    So for $150 I really can't go wrong? :)
  6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Wow, I didn't know that they were that much new...

I believe that BassNW used to sell new ones for a little more than what MIM P basses were going for. In the high $300s IIRC.

I had a SFG Attitude Plus...I loved it!!! OK then, why did I get rid of it? It was somewhere between a brain fart and a serious attempt to gain some control over the size of my instrument collection (and probably to partially fund something that I've already sold off...). Besides, I still had (and have) the MIM P bass that was its stablemate.

Anyway, to my hands, the Attitude plus played as well as any P Bass. During the time I had it, I put a BadAss II bridge on, a DiMarzio Will Power Middle pickup on and some nice DR Hi Beams...it was a monster!!!

IMO $150 is a good price if the bass is in nice condition...frets, hardware, electronics, etc. Three years ago I paid over $300 for a barely used one...probably too much, but I really wanted it. Sold it for $200ish IIRC a year or so ago.

I found that by loosening some of the neck screws a bit, the typical dead spots moved to a place where they didn't bother me too much. YMMV.

Good luck and have fun!!!
  7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    theres always one on the bay. theres one now i think. they usually go for 150ish.