Yamaha Attitude

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by philax17, Jun 18, 2001.

Is the Yamaha Attitude a good Bass

Poll closed Jun 13, 2003.
  1. Yes it's great

20 vote(s)
  2. No it sucks

3 vote(s)
  1. Has anyone ever used a Yamaha Attitude 4 string? Are they any good?
  2. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    About two years ago a local music store had a blowout sale which included two new Billy Sheehan signature Attitudes for $500 apiece. They looked, sounded, and felt great EXCEPT they were two of the absof*ckinlute heaviest basses I've ever played. That might be OK for some folks but that knocked 'em off my wish list.
  3. Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    I just saw Billy Sheehan two nights ago at a Bass Clinic (at Daddy's Junky Music) playing the Attitude and describing his technique and set-up. He was playing it through an Ampeg SVT4 with a 8x10 cabinet.

It sounded good for rock and the choice between the two pick-ups offered selecting between the modern and vintage rock sounds. His set-up is to raise the pick-ups and lower the strings so that he plays ON the pick-ups. To do this he files the pick-ups covers to round the corners and epoxies the pick-ups covers. His joke in the session was that even though he uses stock basses, he voids the warrentee 5 minutes out of the box.

The bass was heavy and the neck was fairly beefy, but that's a matter of taste. I played a stock bass that night (not Bill's) and the action and playability was nice. IMHO, For the money, it's looked good.
  4. I play 'em all the time and I love the way they sound, feel, and play....No complaints here.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    awesome sounding bass, but....not enough frets
  6. ZonMan

Sep 10, 2002
    Berkley, MI USA
  7. Well, i just picked up one of the 10th Anniversary models and I think it's brilliant! Sounds great, plays great and I think it looks great!

Oh, and compared to a 5 string Spector, they ain't that heavy!
  8. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have a 1991 Attitude ltd, I play it with 2
    wireless pack's with 2 different amps. It is a great sounding bass. here is a pic. [​IMG]