1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha b-100 problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kr3w1664, Sep 27, 2009.

1. kr3w1664

kr3w1664

Jun 8, 2008
    A little while back I went and purchased a yamaha b-100. It was very cheap and the tone was pretty massive for what I paid (used to be able to feel the bass throughout my 700 sq ft loft). But recently I've been noticed the amp has gotten much more quiet. Almost no tone. At first I thought it was my amp playing tricks on me but now my 60 watt amp which had trouble keeping up before is much much louder (play through a big muff, dry signal to the b100 high frequencies through the 60 watt univox w/ 2x12). Seeing as the amp is almost 30 years old now I'm thinking it might be in need of a rebuild. What do you think?

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Mmm... Bass amps have improved quite a bit in the past 30 years...

3. gpercy1

gpercy1

Feb 6, 2007
    I've got 2 B100s (version 3)---I had an old (version 1) that I bought new in 1980...I like the version 3s a lot...less than $100 each-weekend warrior bass player-I love 'em...I play one of my 3 RBX775s through them and it's lovely...

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'd just go amp shopping. Lots of great new, lightweight gear on the market. Better tone, too.

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    +1
    and there's alot of great deals on used stuff too. i think that its time to retire the Yamaha.